Alright guys here is a little backround about what is going on here.

I recently got my truck towed by the city that I live in for a public event. The streets had no signs saying that the road would be closed or no parking after a certain time. While being a smart person, I did not drive my truck home from the bars that night. The next morning when I went to pick up my truck it had been towed away without my notice. While I am fighting the city about making me pay the bill for the tow, I noticed something odd about the tow invoice. The operator checked that he had used a standard tow truck to pull my truck. Now normally I would not bat an eyelash about the invoice, but I know that my 2006 Silverado Z71 is a 4x4 truck, and while it is not all-time 4 wheel drive and was in 2-hi, the owners manual still states that if the truck is towed from the rear wheels the front wheels must be locked into a strait position and the transfer case must be placed in neutral to tow the truck. When questioning the cop (chief of police) he told me they did not use a dolly under the front wheels and drug the truck backwards to the city garage. Now, with my knowledge of how it was towed I was able to get a hold of the tow driver and was able to get him to admit he towed the truck like the chief said, and not on a flatbed. Could this cause damage to the internals of my truck? The driver insisted it wouldn't (of course), but my manual has a step for placing the transfer case in neutral. I am just trying to avoid getting screwed if during the winter months when I need the 4x4 and the tranfer case decides to quit. Am I in the wrong for questioning this? Should I press the issue further? Is the truck damaged?.. Any help would be great!

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

as long as it wasnt active i dont see why it would damage it unless the front differental was locked for some reason

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

as long as it wasnt active i dont see why it would damage it unless the front differental was locked for some reason

Would a limited slip front end make a difference?

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

6 C&D Batteries

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

Lots of Sound Deadener

Does your truck have an electronic locking front differential? If so, then i don't see how it would matter.

Honestly I dont know anything about how the drivetrain of that truck works, all I know is that I push a button to go 4-hi, and I stop and put it in neutral to shift to 4-lo, that is why I am asking. I want to know more about how this system works, but until then all I have is the owners manual.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

6 C&D Batteries

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

Lots of Sound Deadener

call a chevy dealership.. they will know. and im sure they will tell you to bring it in for them to check it out. just tell them you dont want to drive it until you find out if its fucked or not..

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Does your truck have an electronic locking front differential? If so, then i don't see how it would matter.

Honestly I dont know anything about how the drivetrain of that truck works, all I know is that I push a button to go 4-hi, and I stop and put it in neutral to shift to 4-lo, that is why I am asking. I want to know more about how this system works, but until then all I have is the owners manual.

That is electronic, I meant to ask, if the front hubs lock manual or electric. So if the front hubs aren't locked, then they can't spin the drive shaft and that cant spin the transfer case and then that can't cause harm to the transmission. there is this whole thing about pulling cars with automatic transmission and the front and rear pumps and so on. I've never had a problem with towing an automatic transmission vehicle. It has to do with the pump not putting fluid but the transmission still turning because the drive shaft is turning the internals of the transmission.

if the front differental was locked it would cause the front wheels to hop when the truck would try to turn because both wheels were turning at the same speed,

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived