1 ohm or .5 ohm?

yeah he said "going to have", so he hasn't bought them yet.

Or I already bought them and they will be here soon...

well thats not our fault. you should have said "i bought them and they're on the truck". when you say "going to have", the first thing anyone thinks of is that you haven't bought them yet

running above .5 is for bitchez

Bitchez will run their amp longer than yours ! And will save money.

I can't believe you have the same sound quality at 0.5 Ohm, than at 1 Ohm or above.

Everybody is not in spl comps everyday ! they usually listen to music and only tones at tuning frequency !

OP, do what you want, but don't be mad when our amp blows or if it doesn't sound good enough for you !

there isn't much sound quality once your above a 150 anyways....

but yeah op, don't try it with that amp you have listed

Team Flex Issues

running above .5 is for bitchez

Bitchez will run their amp longer than yours ! And will save money.

I can't believe you have the same sound quality at 0.5 Ohm, than at 1 Ohm or above.

Everybody is not in spl comps everyday ! they usually listen to music and only tones at tuning frequency !

OP, do what you want, but don't be mad when our amp blows or if it doesn't sound good enough for you !

there isn't much sound quality once your above a 150 anyways....

but yeah op, don't try it with that amp you have listed

The OP is not going to anywhere near a 150 with the equipment listed .5 ohms is not for you big risk for little gain

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I wouldnt run .5 ohm unless i was going to comps a lot and trying to squeeze every little db. Runnin 1 ohm is perfectly fine.

He cant run 1 ohm.

OP... why did you order dual 2s? I mean its pretty fundamental to know what your going to be running your subs at before you get them...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I wouldnt run .5 ohm unless i was going to comps a lot and trying to squeeze every little db. Runnin 1 ohm is perfectly fine.

He cant run 1 ohm.

OP... why did you order dual 2s? I mean its pretty fundamental to know what your going to be running your subs at before you get them...

true. I guess he was in a hurry.

He cant run 1 ohm.

i also have a pair of earthquake audio dbxi dual 4s i was wondering how much of a difference between 1 and . 5 ohms had on your electrical.

[*]kenwood excellon 845

[*]N/a

[*]BIg 3

[*](2) earthquake DBXI 12

[*](4) Kicker ds 65 mids

[*](4) quantum qs2tw 1" tweeters

Or the before model of the Lanzar Opti´s are 0.5 Ohm stable http://www.onlinecar..._OPTI2000D.aspx

Again above yu can get a amp in your budget that does under waranty the 0.5 Ohm´s

Otherwise i found a damn cheap offer (have to post as next a Hot-deal thread) from SMD Partner Sonic Electronix

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-Quart-ONX1-1500D-Class-D-Monoblock-ONYX-Series-Power-Car-Amplifier-Amp-/300754277810?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item46065a15b2

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Lol at this thread. Lots of bad advice, not all of it, but too much of it.

OP, I don't trust you have enough knowledge to run half ohm daily, so don't. The first rule of thumb is," if you have to ask, then you shouldn't do it".

It used to be scary and "radical" to run 1 ohm not that long ago. You should have bought Dual 4 ohm subs, not Dual 2s. You should NOW take the advice given and only run an amp at 2 ohms if you want your shit to last.

Please listen to the majority saying dont do it, not the few encouraging it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived