Computer gurus please help. Lap top crash.

If you can restore to a point before two anti-whatevers then you might be good

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

If you can restore to a point before two anti-whatevers then you might be good

Wouldnt do that. Windows still keeps the files and stuff that may be infected when you do that. Doing that only makes it worse.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yea I was gonna say.. using a restore point usually doesn't work. Either a it'll tell you that it was unable to restore because many viruses can block this or b it will restore but the the infected files usually remain and you've done no good in restoring. Like many have said I would just restore the factory settings. A clean re install is most of the time easier than fighting a nasty virus.

A few things for the future

Get your self a flash drive to back up important things. Files spreadsheets work stuff. Drivers especially for custom built PCs I hate starting my computer over and you have zero drivers for all the devices etc.

Also call up acer. It's usually only a few bucks to have them send you out a hard copy of windows to restore from just in case your partition goes down too.

Also immediately get rid of McAfee or Norton or w.e it comes with. It's pure garbage. Avast is one of the best free ones per tomshardware.com they usually run a suite of tests and list the best programs etc. And if you use IE aka internet explorer... Use something else.. chrome or Firefox. Ie is better these days but still not the best. But ie has been known as the most suseptable browser when it comes to malware viruses etc for years ..

Good luck man.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Yea I was gonna say.. using a restore point usually doesn't work. Either a it'll tell you that it was unable to restore because many viruses can block this or b it will restore but the the infected files usually remain and you've done no good in restoring. Like many have said I would just restore the factory settings. A clean re install is most of the time easier than fighting a nasty virus.

A few things for the future

Get your self a flash drive to back up important things. Files spreadsheets work stuff. Drivers especially for custom built PCs I hate starting my computer over and you have zero drivers for all the devices etc.

Also call up acer. It's usually only a few bucks to have them send you out a hard copy of windows to restore from just in case your partition goes down too.

Also immediately get rid of McAfee or Norton or w.e it comes with. It's pure garbage. Avast is one of the best free ones per tomshardware.com they usually run a suite of tests and list the best programs etc. And if you use IE aka internet explorer... Use something else.. chrome or Firefox. Ie is better these days but still not the best. But ie has been known as the most suseptable browser when it comes to malware viruses etc for years ..

Good luck man.

Yes sir. She has a external hard drive to use but got lazy. Yea Google chrome has been far better for my browser thanks to the advise from the guys on here. I have a subscription for webroot. I will get a disk from them for sure and make sure the other ones are backed up. Mine is daily.

Well I got this

Error code=0x45d

Wimaapplyimage can not apply image request could not be done cause of I/O devise error

Then said something about disc then contact devise manufacturer. So I don't know what all that means except call acer tomorrow. Thanks again guys for the help you gave.

Forgot when it is loading windows on the start up screen it flashes to blue then restarts again constant loop. Not good.

Edited by dog24fret

Boot into safe mode with command prompt

Type services.msc

Right click on anything that says mcaffee and set the startup type to Disabled

Go back to the command prompt

do chkdsk c: /r

reboot

Let it run the checkdisk

If it finds errors, document them, call acer, and if its under warranty you'll need a new hard drive.

view your desktop in awe.

Edited by beaker