Sonic Electronix

accord the kickers get sooooooooooooo hot at 2 ohms.

i say get the memphis mojo woofers, cause ive heard of people putting 4KW to the mad max quad 1 coil 15s daily.

but maybe run different amps. like sundown or Incriminator Audio. the RD Audio amps are no joke eithier. the 7250 i believe is what its called is out now, and that monster throws 7500 RMS @ 1 on 12 volts.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i say get the memphis mojo woofers, cause ive heard of people putting 4KW to the mad max quad 1 coil 15s daily.

but maybe run different amps. like sundown or Incriminator Audio. the RD Audio amps are no joke eithier. the 7250 i believe is what its called is out now, and that monster throws 7500 RMS @ 1 on 12 volts.

the zx2500.1 I have now doesn't heat up at all. Only time I ever had it get hot was when I drove 3 1/2 hrs to Gautier, MS for a comp. Bangin the whole way! HAHA. My L7s heat up a good bit though. Damn voice coils. I'd personally rather stick with 2 big amps than 1 massive one.

the zx2500.1 I have now doesn't heat up at all. Only time I ever had it get hot was when I drove 3 1/2 hrs to Gautier, MS for a comp. Bangin the whole way! HAHA. My L7s heat up a good bit though. Damn voice coils. I'd personally rather stick with 2 big amps than 1 massive one.

i think the reason alot of people have heat problems is because they dont give it enough power.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ive had kicker amps ive rigged the zx series down to 1.3 ohms didnt over heat at all nor did it goto protect. Personally id stick with Kicker its been in the game alot longer im not into Memphis it dosnt do it for me. Stick with what you think i recon 4 L7s would be pretty cool.

KICKER Livin' Loud

I would definitley go with the Mojo Subs hands down ( they are wellllll underrated)

The Mojo Mad Max are a discontinued Mojo sub that was on steroids. Huge 4" vc and huge 60lbs motor structure, that could take alot more than 4000 daily. When I worked for the company there was a guy competing with 2- Mojo Mad Maxs and 4 4kws per sub, was hitting in the 160s, went and showed them off for a full seaosn, demoed them well more than 80 times on music, and burps, before he ever needed to get new domes for them.- that is 16kw rms each subwoofer

And Memphis is NOT a new company, they have been around since the 60s/70s making 8tracks, speakers, and eq's before most people were even born who check this site out

That was when Memphis was called Fultron (sound familar?)

Named after the owner, Arthur Fulmer and the family business (AFCO)

warranty wise, they have some of the best warranties on the market

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Like said, the problem is the mojo amps... It bugs me when people complain of amps heating up, there is a reason for that, they are dispersing the heat, it means the heatsyncs are working... (I'm not 100% on this)

Ever seen those new alpine amps? The super small ones? They get insanely hot because thats how they get the heat out... its a good thing, no matter what really, your amps are going to heat up. Second law of thermodynamics yo

crxsilogozz5.gif

i am not a huge Memphis fan i worked installing them for a long time, but they will beat kicker any day.

the mojo for sure. and that amp is crazy strong if you can power it.

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

i am not a huge Memphis fan i worked installing them for a long time, but they will beat kicker any day.

the mojo for sure. and that amp is crazy strong if you can power it.

Memphis has on their myspace how to properly power ONE 4kw. It's pretty informative:

"16-MCD4KW~(Mandatory Alternator Upgrade) We suggest installing a high output alternator capable of generating 250-300 amps or more at certain rpm's. It is very common for people to use multiple alternators with this amp. This amplifier accepts 0 gauge power AND ground wire terminal connections. We also strongly suggest using at least four dedicated system batteries with this amplifier (ideally located near your amplifier) rated at 1000 CCA or more. We also suggest using 4 Farads of capacitance. Please consider our 1CBF/1CBFMT capacitors to put the icing on the cake for this MEGA beast. Don't forget to upgrade your battery terminal wires to the same gauge wire used at the amp, especially your ground wire- and also upgrade your charging lead from the alternator to the same gauge wire. This amplifier will demand over 400 amps of current at full output with 14.4 Volts applied. Select a solid chassis ground and mount the amp in a well ventilated area for maximum windshield breakage!!!"

Archived