Sonic Electronix

What is so special about the box?

They would make the same mistake a normal person would make, and I've seen them cut it just right.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

They would make the same mistake a normal person would make, and I've seen them cut it just right.

good point

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Dave the box guy does good work and you know it will be a great box. But yes you could make 7-8 attempts yourself before ou hit his price. I like the experience personally but if you don't have the tools or the know how and have the money why not get a great box built? It's your call. I just don't understand why anyone really knocks the price. That's how the dude makes his living. Of course if ou buy parts on your own there's no markup and you don't pay labor. If you figure 30-40 bucks in materials, and probably a good 8 hour day to make the box (I'm pretty sure Dave glues and clamps his boxes) so his boxes must take some time to allow glue to set that comes out to be around 30$/hour which is reasonable price to charge for a skilled trade in my opinion

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

this is why i always advocate filling out your profile. you never know who is going to be close to you and might just say hey pay for pizza and your supplies and ill help you bang this thing out.

I'll buy you 4 x large pizzas and a case of what ever you drink. I don't drink so it'll be all yours if you come down here and fix my van :D .

Yea I did the prefab once and then a friend built one for me. Last prefab box for me that was 23 yrs ago. Too much of a diff between the two their is plenty of things and people on this forum that will help you get it done. Only if your willing to learn and not get mad or act like a know it all. Pawn shop tools will get you by in a pinch or short on cash.

Though Dave the box guy is good at what he does and I am not knocking him in any way shape or form but I have been around wood working all my life and $300 to build a ported enclosure for 2 12's is a little too high in my opinion. I realize its how he makes his money and more power to him for having a customer base to sustain an income. OP if you have the money to drop on the box then do it but considering you said you saved up for it honestly I would take $100 go to home depot and buy everything you need to make your own. A design can be drawn up here and all you need is to have graduated from Elementary school to figure out how to do it. I am sure you can learn your way around a drill and a saw it really isn't that hard. At the end of the day you end up with something you built with your own two hands and the satisfaction of it. Plus you have some money for other audio upgrades. I would honestly do what n8 said it is the best advice you're going to get.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Though Dave the box guy is good at what he does and I am not knocking him in any way shape or form but I have been around wood working all my life and $300 to build a ported enclosure for 2 12's is a little too high in my opinion. I realize its how he makes his money and more power to him for having a customer base to sustain an income. OP if you have the money to drop on the box then do it but considering you said you saved up for it honestly I would take $100 go to home depot and buy everything you need to make your own. A design can be drawn up here and all you need is to have graduated from Elementary school to figure out how to do it. I am sure you can learn your way around a drill and a saw it really isn't that hard. At the end of the day you end up with something you built with your own two hands and the satisfaction of it. Plus you have some money for other audio upgrades. I would honestly do what n8 said it is the best advice you're going to get.

I get u, it's pricey but yes he runs a business, there's plenty of guys on here that own or work at shops. Most shops around here charge around 60$/ an hour. I do agree I'd prefer to do it on my own. That's why I just learned to fiberglass a few months ago for my build. Good experience. I hadfun building my box and I'm proud to say I built it.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts