Second Skin Audio

putting 2 saz 1500s on my sa-12s?

Re-read your post, think about it, and then explain how in the heck you think anyone can give you an answer based on the info you have provided.

I'll give you a couple of hints - what amp are you running now? What voice coil impedance are the subs? Etc.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

how do you know your getting 2k after rise? what are you rising to? and have you clampped it? cause if this is a daily setup, its impossible to clamp any sort of musical power out of an amplifier as its constantly changing, and if your amp is the aq2200d in your sig, i can almost promise you your not seeing 2200, even 2k daily, lucky if around 1500w

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was guessing AQ2200, but I am on my phone and cannot see the sig.

That brings up the impedance question - I would assume you have D1's wired to 1 ohm. If you are going to run the 1500's strapped at 1 ohm (actual 0.5 per amp), I would say there is a 99% chance it will be louder, but do you want to do that?

The better option would be to replace the 2200 with a 3500.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

how do you know your getting 2k after rise? what are you rising to? and have you clampped it? cause if this is a daily setup, its impossible to clamp any sort of musical power out of an amplifier as its constantly changing, and if your amp is the aq2200d in your sig, i can almost promise you your not seeing 2200, even 2k daily, lucky if around 1500w

well that only further helps what I'm trying to say in that I'm not getting close to the 2200 out of the amp lol...

That brings up the impedance question - I would assume you have D1's wired to 1 ohm. If you are going to run the 1500's strapped at 1 ohm (actual 0.5 per amp), I would say there is a 99% chance it will be louder, but do you want to do that?

well if you would have looked at my sig it would have saved you the trouble of being a smart ass in your first post....but no. I have D4's wired to 1 ohm and its all depending on the price I could find one for because most the 3500's I've seen are more than 2 1500's..

Edited by BEEMDUB

well if you would have looked at my sig it would have saved you the trouble of being a smart ass in your first post....but no. I have D4's wired to 1 ohm and its all depending on the price I could find one for because most the 3500's I've seen are more than 2 1500's..

if you would have read what he wrote you would have seen he is on a mobile version and can't see sigs...

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Reading > you.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

if you would have read what he wrote you would have seen he is on a mobile version and can't see sigs...

I did see what he said thats why I said IF you would have looked at my sig... meaning if you could have seen it...yea...if he wants an apology for me calling him a smartass I'll be happy to issue one

Reading > you.

Me caring wtf you say < me not caring wtf you say

Edited by BEEMDUB

Your going to get a lot of help being an asshole. :thumbs:

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1