Sonic Electronix

My friend has a 2003 chevrolet silverado 1500.

His stereo quit working yesterday, it powers up but there isn't any output. He wants to put a double din in there.

His truck has the factory bose option so does it have a amp somewhere?

And can we still use it?

Will any stereo plug and play with a wiring adapter?

Does anyone have experience with the factory stuff like this and is there anything I should know before trying to hook up the new one?

Thanks guys

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

I hate wiring those with a passion. I run jumpers from the new radio to the out puts of the amp. So it bypasses it. It's located in the center console under the cup holders :)

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Yeah if you still want to use the Bose don't hook up the door speakers they are a lower ohm, I think 1ohm (at least here in America). At least in my Caddy I was still able to use the dash tweets/center 3.5 and the rear 6x9s, just not my door speakers. Have him upgrade to a nice set of components too and call it a day, will be much happier. Also make sure you use the right GMOS adapter, you will have issues if you don't.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Ahh. Good ole blowse.

Sitting in the 04 suburban right now and I can honestly tell you that you're better off getting new speakers and taking the Bose right out. My brother had the same problem which turned out to be the amp failing (I forget what he spent on the amp), but it would've been almost half the price in the long run (between the amp and the adapter for the vx709 aswell as the time)

Get new speakers and amp. Just remove the curse of Bose from your system!

And the amp is in the center console like dangrebel said.

Hope that helps

James

Archived