Sonic Electronix

I just got my new alt installed. Right after I idled at 12.6 but I could hammer it as long as I wanted to without my amp cutting out. Now after I put my new fuse on I idle at 13.8 but my amp cuts out the second i start turning gain up. And my terminals on the front main battery are very very easy to move. They are those cheap ones with about 4 inputs for wires and are tightened by set screws. But the screws won't tighten. I'm assuming the cutting out is due to those termianls. Am I correct.

yes.

if they are loose and able to move freely even when tightened as much as possible your ending up trying to force more current threw less metal. IE the terminals are loose, the connection is poor, so now instead of the current flowing thru a solid tight connection where the surface area is much greater, its forced to go threw smaller amounts of metal with less contact because they are loose.

If you cant get them tightened all the way, you have the potential to get the terminals and or power wire hot, which could melt the rubber as well as start a fire....

I wouldnt really use your stereo until you fix the needed issues to make the terminals fit tight as possible

Get some lugs for the wire and use these and you'll never have to worry about loose wires ever again.

http://www.amazon.co...M2C_ST1_3p_dp_1

damn, them some hardcore terminals!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived