Can I run two stock alts?

So, I went to the junkyard today to pick up a passenger mirror for my car as my sister took my off from a construction barrel.

As I was leaving I said fuck it why not and went ahead and asked the guy how much for another alternator for my vehicle, he told me 50 dollars out the door.

My stock alt is 150 amps.

Can I run two stock alts? The amperage on them isn't really that bad imo, and quite frankly, if it can be done I'm going to go pick it up. Just want some extra input.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

if you can find a place to mount it you can run it

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

if you can find a place to mount it you can run it

Oh yeah, I have the space to run it. There's a massive gap that my alternator is just chilling in, waiting for a couple of buddies to accomodate him.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

Do you know what kind of amperage the one you're picking up is?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Do you know what kind of amperage the one you're picking up is?

150 amps.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

Was about to make a thread for this, but since u started it OP, I might have to thread jack! Lol. I have a 100 amp stocker for my Bravada, would it be ideal to run a second stocker of the same amperage? Would it be then 200 amps? Just running a Skar 1500 and a Planet Audio BB 4.150

Was about to make a thread for this, but since u started it OP, I might have to thread jack! Lol. I have a 100 amp stocker for my Bravada, would it be ideal to run a second stocker of the same amperage? Would it be then 200 amps? Just running a Skar 1500 and a Planet Audio BB 4.150

You guys realize you're going to have to fab up or buy a dual alt mounting bracket to use both alternators right?

I'm just making sure don't think you can just tape the second alt under the hood and call it a day. (never know on these forums) :)

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

You guys realize you're going to have to fab up or buy a dual alt mounting bracket to use both alternators right?

I'm just making sure don't think you can just tape the second alt under the hood and call it a day. (never know on these forums) :)

Uh yeah!!! Of course! I already have a dual alt bracket. Just needed opinions on running dual stock alt as well as the OP!

Lmfao. Ricer pro tip of the day? Tape it, run the wires, shut the hood, hope it stays hooked up and not dragging on the road? I'd assume on these forums (not others, but just this forum) people would know that you'd need more than just tape. Sorry, made me laugh...way too much.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived