Conner Posted August 28, 2012 Report Posted August 28, 2012 I've been looking for some good door speakers, tweeters and a good amp to power them. Gotta get some opinions on a few I've been looking at, or referred to. Alpine Type R Phoenix Gold Hertz The local shops around here swear by Hertz and Phoenix Gold. What are some of your opinions about all 3 brands? I'm looking for as much clarity possible. I listen to mainly Metal if that makes a difference in which I should get. And what would be a good amp to power them? I know everyone says to go listen and see what I like, but I want some opinions first. What are some other brands I should look for? He who stands on toilet is high on pot.
Maebros Posted August 28, 2012 Report Posted August 28, 2012 this is one of those threads you gotta be really careful with. that being said i really like the way hertz sounds. alpine type r's arent all that bad either. i have never listened to PG speakers though so i couldnt tell you about them HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
Skullz Posted August 28, 2012 Report Posted August 28, 2012 Love my hertz so i am more biased to that brand. My next choice would be the JBL p660c comps over the other two you have listed as you'll get better power handling, sound and clarity over the PG and alpines. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html Great set at a really great price if your not wanting to drop for the cost of hertz right now, i would get the hertz hands down but if cost is an issue than the jbl's will fill the bill till you can save for the hertz set in the mean time. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ToNasty Posted August 28, 2012 Report Posted August 28, 2012 If your on a diet budget then check out.some.infinity seperates. Very good for the price. Hertz like stated are awesome as well ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Conner Posted August 28, 2012 Author Report Posted August 28, 2012 I think I'm probably gonna check out Hertz. If they're as good as everyone says they are, I'm guessing they would be my best bet. I hate just going by other peoples' words, but with the job I have, and as far as I live away from the local shops, I don't really have the time to make a trip just to listen. Just didn't want to take a shot in the dark by getting a brand known to have problems, and realizing it after the install. Thanks for all the opinions. Time to get some Hertz! He who stands on toilet is high on pot.
Conner Posted August 28, 2012 Author Report Posted August 28, 2012 Don't mean to double post, but I can't find the edit button on my phone. Any suggestions for an amp? Money isn't a real big issue as long as it isn't so much that I'd have to eat ramen noodles all month to be able to afford my bills as well. He who stands on toilet is high on pot.
Skullz Posted August 29, 2012 Report Posted August 29, 2012 Some old school PPI A600, A404 bridged, 2150AM, PC2150, PC2600.2 all very good quality as old as all of them are. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Conner Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 I think I may go for a Rockford T400. And eventually upgrade the subs away from my Hifonics BRZ2100 to a Rockford T2500. He who stands on toilet is high on pot.
Maebros Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Just FYI about getting Hertz the only way to get them (new) is to buy them from a dealer. THERE ARE NO AUTHORIZED HERTZ DEALERS ONLINE. many of the ones sold on ebay are fakes. HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
gally Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Just FYI about getting Hertz the only way to get them (new) is to buy them from a dealer. THERE ARE NO AUTHORIZED HERTZ DEALERS ONLINE. many of the ones sold on ebay are fakes. should check some pioneers...are nice for the price, or dragster speakers...but personally i would go with Hertz....liike stated above i just love the way they sound so clean... 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.