Second Skin Audio

15's to 12's

KenC210

No keep 15s, more cone are so it will be louder

^^^^------ :No:

What he just said is ALL wrong. There are a lot of factor to consider but just because you have more cone area does not mean you are going to be loud. Please dont listen to wtf this guy just said. For instance in my vehicle. Next year i am going to switch from 15's to 12's. I have a trunk vehicle and the reason being is that currently my subs are being choked because i am unable to gain any more port. when i switch to the 12's not only will i be able to give them proper airspace but i will also be able to give them proper port and in turn I should be louder. There are a lot of factors to include in this. Box, power, etc. If you have your current 15's in a proper box with proper port and switch to the same subs in a 12 inch model with same power then i think your output would be less. If you are switch from 15's without proper box and port to 12s with proper box and port on same power then i think you will gain. I do not know much about the aq15's so i will not comment on them but in either solution good luck.

:ninja:

My comment is correct, but it is incorrect in this sense because you are right, we don't know what vehicle he has so space could be a big issue. I didn't include any factors, it was just a general statement, doesn't work

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

What he just said is ALL wrong. There are a lot of factor to consider but just because you have more cone area does not mean you are going to be loud. Please dont listen to wtf this guy just said. For instance in my vehicle. Next year i am going to switch from 15's to 12's. I have a trunk vehicle and the reason being is that currently my subs are being choked because i am unable to gain any more port. when i switch to the 12's not only will i be able to give them proper airspace but i will also be able to give them proper port and in turn I should be louder. There are a lot of factors to include in this. Box, power, etc. If you have your current 15's in a proper box with proper port and switch to the same subs in a 12 inch model with same power then i think your output would be less. If you are switch from 15's without proper box and port to 12s with proper box and port on same power then i think you will gain. I do not know much about the aq15's so i will not comment on them but in either solution good luck.

My comment is correct, but it is incorrect in this sense because you are right, we don't know what vehicle he has so space could be a big issue. I didn't include any factors, it was just a general statement, doesn't work

but its not all about cone area. You generally said "keep the 15's, more cone area so it will be louder" but that is NOT the case always as I stated earlier. Also as I stated above just because you have more cone area doesnt mean you are going to be louder, there are more factors to consider then just cone area. 4 15's jensen's vs 2 15 btls. I will be louder because i have 4 15's jensens. I think not.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

That may be a rule of thumb, but in the real world everything is different.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

cone area is everything!!!!!!!!!! the internet says so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and why i ran a car with 2 15's that beat a big ass truck with 16 12's!!!!! 6.5 times the cone area i had i could burb and BASSRACE louder but conearea is allways louder right?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

but its not all about cone area. You generally said "keep the 15's, more cone area so it will be louder" but that is NOT the case always as I stated earlier. Also as I stated above just because you have more cone area doesnt mean you are going to be louder, there are more factors to consider then just cone area. 4 15's jensen's vs 2 15 btls. I will be louder because i have 4 15's jensens. I think not.

Well obv I understand that, as stated before I realize I'm wrong I read to quick and didn't ask about vehicle and such first. I didn't look up motors or anything...like I said I was wrong

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Well obv I understand that, as stated before I realize I'm wrong I read to quick and didn't ask about vehicle and such first. I didn't look up motors or anything...like I said I was wrong

pics of wife or girl 18+? :unknw:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

pics of wife or girl 18+? :unknw:

What lol?

cone area is everything!!!!!!!!!! the internet says so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and why i ran a car with 2 15's that beat a big ass truck with 16 12's!!!!! 6.5 times the cone area i had i could burb and BASSRACE louder but conearea is allways louder right?

You shouldn´t even compete, your box dimensions are illegal, it was designed by Dr. Subwoofer :shtf:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Currently...

How Much space i have from the back hatch...

photobucket-12786-1339792868440.jpg

photobucket-16123-1339792974038.jpg

Where it sits along the rear seat...

photobucket-39935-1339793068709.jpg

How far from it is to the side walls...

photobucket-8708-1339793401244.jpg

The box itself...

photobucket-11223-1339793326773.jpg

Its in a 2007 ford escape. The reason i would like to change from 15's to 12's to get a little more room in the back for a proper amp rack and better battery placement. I currently have 3 amps and a yellow to in the back. So i am just wonder how much output if any i would lose.

Archived