Second Skin Audio

15's to 12's

KenC210

Going ported to sealed or sealed to ported or wahts going on man?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Little bit of weight.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Same car? If

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

No keep 15s, more cone are so it will be louder

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

^^^^------ :No:

What he just said is ALL wrong. There are a lot of factor to consider but just because you have more cone area does not mean you are going to be loud. Please dont listen to wtf this guy just said. For instance in my vehicle. Next year i am going to switch from 15's to 12's. I have a trunk vehicle and the reason being is that currently my subs are being choked because i am unable to gain any more port. when i switch to the 12's not only will i be able to give them proper airspace but i will also be able to give them proper port and in turn I should be louder. There are a lot of factors to include in this. Box, power, etc. If you have your current 15's in a proper box with proper port and switch to the same subs in a 12 inch model with same power then i think your output would be less. If you are switch from 15's without proper box and port to 12s with proper box and port on same power then i think you will gain. I do not know much about the aq15's so i will not comment on them but in either solution good luck.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

^^^^------ :No:

What he just said is ALL wrong. There are a lot of factor to consider but just because you have more cone area does not mean you are going to be loud. Please dont listen to wtf this guy just said. For instance in my vehicle. Next year i am going to switch from 15's to 12's. I have a trunk vehicle and the reason being is that currently my subs are being choked because i am unable to gain any more port. when i switch to the 12's not only will i be able to give them proper airspace but i will also be able to give them proper port and in turn I should be louder. There are a lot of factors to include in this. Box, power, etc. If you have your current 15's in a proper box with proper port and switch to the same subs in a 12 inch model with same power then i think your output would be less. If you are switch from 15's without proper box and port to 12s with proper box and port on same power then i think you will gain. I do not know much about the aq15's so i will not comment on them but in either solution good luck.

:ninja:

Although not technically correct his statement still holds water, if you wanna get loud on low wattage or a small budget it's all about cone area. What you said about having the space to build a proper enclosure is MOST important though, nothing in any build works as hard as a well-built box when it comes to SPL/SQ.

I'm gonna hate

From the motor force and power level increase, I would do the 12in bl's. Not considering many factors they have more potential.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived