Sonic Electronix

Would like some feedback on this idea please

The real problem is the actual top hatch. that's mainly the thing that's gonna be rattling.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

no i bet it makes it worse

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The real problem is the actual top hatch. that's mainly the thing that's gonna be rattling.

The hatch lid is fine, I've adjust the latch and the only thing that moves is the glass. It doesn't make any rattling, the tail lights and every piece of metal on the back of the car does rattle though.

Well, whatever it is, I hope this turns out well for you.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I'm not chasing numbers so it's not a bug deal there. At the very least, with it all painted it might look neat. I'm going to wire up some stuff tomorrow and see how it sounds with it in and out of the car. At this point i can screw the assembly together and pop it in and out easy to see what it does.

Oh to fix rattles ya that won't help if it dooes it will be small amount of help deadner is thhe way to go

I agree with that, deadener is on the list of things to do. That or fill the rear fenders with expanding foam lol

Well, I've been in the garage for a while. Didn't make a lot of progress. This is a lot of measure 8 times, measure again. cut, measure some more things, cut some more. So it's slow. Anyway this is what i will be doing next. And the amps will be behind these panels on each side and the panels will get plexi windows. If this doesn't work then all i am out is some spare mdf i had laying around and at least i'll have some kerfing experience behind me. Since I am going forward with this I will probably just move this to my build log.

Also, i'm not overly concerned about dbeez right now. I just need projects to keep me busy until i have enough funds to move forward with my real plan for this car which will be 4 sa-12 in a wall. So all this stuff is just good experience for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

edit, oh yeah

101_1365.jpg

I donno if I would put thoes sides on it!

try it first

If you do put the sides on it, you would then have a 6th order bandpass with a very small second chamber, and a very high tuning

I suggest you try it with just the mdf back peice.... a lot of diehard spl guys do wood like that and put expanding foam behind the board to fill the gaps, and then put dynamat secondskin any of thoes products over all of the wood

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived