Sonic Electronix

We're trying to run a T-1000 and a 4 channel amp with an EQ on a high to low converter. Previous install took place at another audio shop with shit head installers tooled with hammers.

We ran wires front to back for the High/Low to send to the EQ up front. Did that in order to get a proper signal. Then ran the actual speaker wires to front and back sets of speakers. Then used a female to male X2 to the left and right side to save some space under the panels and put the front/back left into the left front/back...and same for the right.

The issue is a signal. It will play a tone but no music. the amps see an input but dont send the output correctly.

SO whats the issue, my bet is its something stupid and simple. But the lack of sleep and standing in the AZ sun sense 9am made my head stop working.

Best bet is to hook another amp up and see if you are getting the same results. If this tone is generating before the amp switch the rca's and if you get the same results test the head unit. But first check the fuse (ohm test) and power to amp and make sure your ower is good (13.0 and above). converter may also be shot you may want to swap the high low. i have used Hight lows (lc2i) and i have had no isue. whats the tone it is making?

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

what car

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Another AZ guy on here, wow. What are you running the speaker wires from exactly. You didn't give EXACT routing on how you did it. Please tell us EXACTLY the path that you're making from start to finish. Pictures would really help as well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

what car

Hyndia Elantra

Another AZ guy on here, wow. What are you running the speaker wires from exactly. You didn't give EXACT routing on how you did it. Please tell us EXACTLY the path that you're making from start to finish. Pictures would really help as well.

Pulled from both front factory speaker inputs in order to get the fader/balance to work on the EQ. Sent the wires from the front doors to the rear where the High/low is placed. Ran the RCA's from the High/Low to the main input on the EQ. Then ran the speaker amp wires to all the doors and plugged the Sub into its input and the Speaker Amp into it using a single female to dual male RCA splitters and Plugged then split that between the front and rear inputs on the EQ.

What part are you from? Sad part about the previous install on the car is that it wasnt from Audio Express, and it still caught on fire...

I live in Glendale, and I feel you about the home of the $1 wire fire. I only took my very first truck there and when going through truck later found all of there shenanigans throughout the install. Was the original install on this Elantra done by an dude in a garage shop or a LEGIT shop?

Also, to figure out your issue, are these splitters possibly causing the issue? I'd say try to take some complication out by NOT running one or two of your accessories. Like don't run to the EQ, and just go to your amp straight from the LOC(line out converter). See if you can simplify your path and get your signal processed. If you can start trying one without the other, you'll figure out where your weak link is.

It would be nice to get pics of this setup as well. Also, why are we working so hard to keep the factory head unit? Is this a leased vehicle?

Best bet is to hook another amp up and see if you are getting the same results. If this tone is generating before the amp switch the rca's and if you get the same results test the head unit. But first check the fuse (ohm test) and power to amp and make sure your ower is good (13.0 and above). converter may also be shot you may want to swap the high low. i have used Hight lows (lc2i) and i have had no isue. whats the tone it is making?

How goods the accubass on the lc2i? Is it worth getting if I have a a good converter allready lc6i. But it doesnt have the accubass feature. Im running a stock bose

I live in Glendale, and I feel you about the home of the $1 wire fire. I only took my very first truck there and when going through truck later found all of there shenanigans throughout the install. Was the original install on this Elantra done by an dude in a garage shop or a LEGIT shop?

Also, to figure out your issue, are these splitters possibly causing the issue? I'd say try to take some complication out by NOT running one or two of your accessories. Like don't run to the EQ, and just go to your amp straight from the LOC(line out converter). See if you can simplify your path and get your signal processed. If you can start trying one without the other, you'll figure out where your weak link is.

It would be nice to get pics of this setup as well. Also, why are we working so hard to keep the factory head unit? Is this a leased vehicle?

It was done by AZ sound. My busy work and college schedule doesnt allow me to take them for a few days.

Wait a minute....AZ sound on Bell Rd and like 43rd Ave? They aren't that old of a shop, but if we are talking about the same place, they installed my alarm really well. Which school are you going to?

Back on subject, the reason for leaving the factory headunit instead of going aftermarket?

Archived