Sundown Audio

It was glued down rock solid I can say that. SA really has some solid equipment so it seems. I guess that's why I recall seeing a video of 2 v2's on a NS1. I just took my time with a smaller flat head screwdriver and a hammer and got really luck I didn't break through the spider landing. I'm glad good luck was on my side haha

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

It was glued down rock solid I can say that. SA really has some solid equipment so it seems. I guess that's why I recall seeing a video of 2 v2's on a NS1. I just took my time with a smaller flat head screwdriver and a hammer and got really luck I didn't break through the spider landing. I'm glad good luck was on my side haha

Yea I even saw a post on another forum by Jacob saying those are glued down so permanently that you may as well buy a new basket.

E34 540iT/6

man you should have painted it powder puff pink................................

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

@wrmcs: I wish the recone kits had the option to order another metal ring to back on the spider. I am going to lay down some extra adhesive on the spider to hold it down like it originally was. Soon as the money clears into PayPal I am ordering the recone kit and then I will recone it once it arrives. Any tips for reconing?

@big: haha I thought about some off the wall color just for the sake of having the only one that color. If I have to recone it again i will take a vote on what color the basket will be cause I'll probably go with the same stripper I used this time since I don't totally like the look the dupli-color bed liner

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

i dont think i have the patience to do a recone. so thumbs up 2ya bro

SONY XAV-701HD

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

Well I appreciate it man and it's not really that long of the process if you have the funds to buy everything at one time. I work and live from pay check to check so i bought the woofer then bought supplies to prep it for recone now I'm buying the recone kit and adhesives. If you the woofer, parts, and all it may be a 4-6 day process depending on how much you worked. I also have a passion when it comes to audio and would love to find a good job in the audio world haha. It's either that or I go to Charleston, SC to become a gourmet chef. Back up plan is always go to Appalachain University and find something to major in. Would rather stay on the audio/chef path though

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

man i so would have loved to gone to culinary school..........cooking is a passion as well for me. i would love to open a mom and pop diner. but from what i know. cooking as a profession has alot of long hours and no rest for anything else.

SONY XAV-701HD

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

Well those 2 paths are my guaranteed paths cause I don't want to work somewhere and be unhappy working. I'm going to enjoy my career. Beig a chef is a lot of moving from place to place working on holidays even Christmas and such plus a lot of hard work. So far I havnt found anywhere in the audio field that I could make a career in like 30 year career. I wish something would come a lot in the Udio field so I could have a career in audio.

Update on recone status:

Money is still set to clear 9/11/12 so on Tuesday I will send the money for the recone and hopefully I'll have it ready to put in the box and start playing by this coming weekend.

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Got the recone kit ordered earlier today so now I'm just waiting on it to arrive so I can put it together and have her back playing again. Getting excited to finally hear one of these things.

@wrmcs: I got some card stock ready to trim up and use to centers gap. Card stock or white printer paper? I will just keep layering it in the gap until snug then once the glue is set on the spider and surround I'll remove it. Then rough up the cone only where the dust cap will touch it then I'll glue the dust cap on and wait another day for the glue to dry

Edited by 252chevyboyz

My Selling Feedback

Build Log