September SOTM Nominees - Sponsored by Steve Meade & CE Auto Electric Supply

BUMP FOR MOAR NOMS!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

only 24 nom's for a 200 dollar cash prize???? wow, the odds are good for those who entered.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

only 24 nom's for a 200 dollar cash prize???? wow, the odds are good for those who entered.

haha seriously! WHO CANT use 200 bucks cash, just for being a member on SMD! There's a reason why people nug hug you, and it's bc youre cool as fuck and do stuff like this. Thanks man

MORE NOMINATIONS!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Just got my ride on the road again. I gotta get busy and get a build log going. Missin' out on all the SOTM goodness.

* * * A warning to NOOBs like me doing the big 3 upgrades.* * *

Don't use cheap plastic wire ties! They get brittle under the hood, break and wires can get loose and hit stuff they shouldn't. They make metal wire ties for use in hot areas.

Here is what happened to me...

My 220 Amp high output alternator in my PT is between the engine and firewall at the bottom of the engine. The stock alternator power wire runs under the exhaust manifold heat shield. When I installed the 1/0 alternator wire, I left the stock wire in and wire tied to it for support. Bad idea. I had 4 plastic wire ties and all broke after 8 months. The 1/0 power wire worked its way back against the axle, wore through and shorted out. The fuse was up at the battery and didn't blow even though the battery was shorted to ground. 300 Amp fuse didn't blow shorted to ground, go figure. But the alternator was also shorted directly to the axle ground. Must have been quite a show outside the car, there was copper winding wire on the ground and solder splattered on the cross member and lower a-frame. Must have looked like an arc welder under the car at the time. The company I got it from rebuilt it under warranty. Customer service FTW! I rerouted the power wire so it can't happen again. Lesson learned.

thanks for nomination again fellas, hell yeah!

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Just got my ride on the road again. I gotta get busy and get a build log going. Missin' out on all the SOTM goodness.

* * * A warning to NOOBs like me doing the big 3 upgrades.* * *

Don't use cheap plastic wire ties! They get brittle under the hood, break and wires can get loose and hit stuff they shouldn't. They make metal wire ties for use in hot areas.

Here is what happened to me...

My 220 Amp high output alternator in my PT is between the engine and firewall at the bottom of the engine. The stock alternator power wire runs under the exhaust manifold heat shield. When I installed the 1/0 alternator wire, I left the stock wire in and wire tied to it for support. Bad idea. I had 4 plastic wire ties and all broke after 8 months. The 1/0 power wire worked its way back against the axle, wore through and shorted out. The fuse was up at the battery and didn't blow even though the battery was shorted to ground. 300 Amp fuse didn't blow shorted to ground, go figure. But the alternator was also shorted directly to the axle ground. Must have been quite a show outside the car, there was copper winding wire on the ground and solder splattered on the cross member and lower a-frame. Must have looked like an arc welder under the car at the time. The company I got it from rebuilt it under warranty. Customer service FTW! I rerouted the power wire so it can't happen again. Lesson learned.

They make high heat resistant zip ties. They're black , just don't confuse them with the cheap ones haha.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

They make high heat resistant zip ties. They're black , just don't confuse them with the cheap ones haha.

They also make cheap black ones. Sucks if you throw them all in one container not realizing. I also found out they make metal wire ties. They keep them in stock at O'Reily Auto Parts if anyone is interested. Never used them but I had seen them used and not paid attention. Learn something new everyday.

Archived