Definitely go electric. Nitros can't take the same beating. Between a motor, fuel, and heavier metal chassis and parts one wrong turn can split one in half. :) lol. Between me and my brother we have two slashes, two summits, emax, stampede, couple boats, and losi micro crawlers. Have about 5-6 grand dumped into them. Wish I used them more.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Oh. And all of the vehicles with 5000mah lipo batteries average 35-70 minute run times. And chek out hobbyking.com for batteries and chargers but stay away from their cars and stuff. Really cheap stuff. Batteries average 20-40 a pop

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

The two baddest electric conversion I've seen in person was at the 2012 roar nationals at my local hobby shop. A couple of the competitors where outside running a extreme hopped up e-maxx 2 gen with two mamba monster 2200kv brushless system. Running two 4s lipo packs that's 33.6 volts massive power and it takes 6s each. The other was the famed hpi baha with the brushless conversion was fast also.

I got a few

havnt ran em in a while

If I had to do it over the traxxas summit I believe it is the brushless electric everything waterproof 4wd with gear selectors.....

The thing with rc cars is they too damn fash and brushless has so much torque you neeed to buy upgraded axles etc etc all metal

Ill take some pics of mine in a sec..... hpi mt2 3.0.... bought it took out the motor and put the hpi 4.6 big block...... woops.... way to damn fast

Never too fast just jump faster lol. 4.6 is allot of power I bet it scoots big time sounds good doing it too. I'm posting my cars in a few. Yes sir I agree with the upgrading part my associated has the castle 9000kv brushless in it. Had to upgrade to cv's and aluminum parts also. It has been clocked at 84mph by state trooper whatching me at the mall parking lot. Have to have allot of real estate to run it.

I used to take it on the street.... I mean stock it was one of the fastest rcs out there.... so after the 4.6 it just got let's say less fun.... it can get out of radio range in seconds... 2 sec to be exact, the tires turn into triangles pointy end on the street when it really starts gettin it.... wheelies from 30 to 70 lol and its 4wd with an extra gas tank in the front for weight........ its one of thoes things where human reaction times aren't fast enough to control it :lol2:

ill get it going post a video soon, we have a hill climb and a dirtbike track where we would race the rc cars bikes and shoot at them with the paintball guns from a elevated deck.... talk about a super fun game hahaha although cleaning paintbass off ur car isn't quite the best

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

That sounds like a blast for sure. I agree with LT.Smoke he started something for a few on here. I would like to see Steve's cars. Like kits nitro is still out there but the lipo just kinda took the wind out of the sails so too speak. I have seen fewer people being into nitro cause of the lack of local support in the tuning and maintenance of nitro engines. If a person hasn't been showed the right way or don't have the patience to tune everyday it's not much fun for them and ruins their experience. I had the t-maxx first gen with the pro .15 until one of the youth talked me out of it in Feb this year. Still had the original motor in it but not the tranny hated that one went to forward only conversion. It would still run 2-3 hours with a rare flame out as long as it stayed upright, yes that was awhile back :lol2: .

Nitro vs electric ha ha ha. A debate since 84 now electric has caught up with nitro it's even harder to choose. Personally I have electric due to health issues that makes it hard for me to enjoy nitro or I would have one or two :lol: .

Electric are just tougher... its pretty tragic watching your gas car toppling end over end for 10 + sec at a time

Sometimes I wonder how they don't break sometimes

U just gont gotta worry about tuning, gas, fire etc with electric just um are my batteries charged

Soon the dirtbike world will change too..... look up zero bikes..... so much fucking fun! Make gas bikes not so fun

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived