cdt audio speakers are they any good

keith

im looking to buy some real good 5.25 components and 6/9 have alpine type r and they just dont do it for me i want somthing with great mid bass and sound quality that can handle rf t600.4 at 124rms per channel dont want to spend over 500 for the set

i have the cdt 6.5 mid bass woofer that handles 140w rms on crossfire vr 404 and they sound really good. voices are nice and clean and mid bass and even low bass is rockin. sometimes i turn my sub off and just listen to them. i als had a pair of cdt 6.5s in the door with the upstage and i traded those for an alpine radio with pandora 4life but they sounded really nice. some people will say the upstage set lacked mid bass but i say its in the install cause i would play live drum mp3s all day sometimes and they sounded pretty damn good. the guy i trade them to has them in his civic powered by fosgate four channel with custom door panel, and they sound sectacular! i wouldnt hesitate to buy the mid to upper level cdt's again at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CDT-Audio-M6-6-5-480-Watt-Max-Mid-Sub-Bass-Drivers-/120608723861?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c14d71395

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-CDT-Audio-COM-626CR-Comps-FREE-CDT-Rear-Speakers-/110880603719?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item19d0ffbe47

The ones I heard sounded great ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i r un them. I find the midbass can be a little lacking on certain models. Mainly the lower ends. Once you get up in the euro sport lines though they rock. I saw someone who complained about the tweet in another thread about them. He's high as a kite. They are super smooth and accurate. They may not be supertweeter loud but if thats what you are looking for buy pa gear.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i owned a pair of the cl series with upgraded crossover that is able to add a second set of tweets that have thier own settings. you put those bad boys in a nice enclosure and tune your system you will love these. i have set of focals that i got in the trade for the alpine /pandora imprint system and i am thinkin about buying another set and just replacing the focals. i know i am crazy but those speakers really surprised me and the tweets are very nice not harsh at all.

thanks for your input on the cl serries but do anyone know if their is a big difrence in the cl and hd series and if so how much i want speakers that will definitly sound better than the alpine type r speakers i curently have and that will take the power of the rockford fosgate t600.4 that i curently have the alpines you have to cross them over realy high and thantssimply not good enough for me dont want to keep buying speakers that simply cant take the power of the rockfords

I ran the the CL-62 set off a rockford 5 channel and a crescendo 4 channel. Im still running them in my rear stage and still taking the power no problem 3 years later. From what I have heard, the HD series is a big upgrade from the CL line. But if you are comparing to the Alpine type R ( I did a 2 installs with the type R's, and both customers and i were disapointed in them ) , go with the cheaper CL line and you will not be disapointed. This is the set up I run http://cdtstore.com/cl_series/cl62pro.htm Sound much better with the doors sealed.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived