Sonic Electronix

6x9 speakers are sounding bad! HELP!

I seriously dont think that deck could blow out those speakers, even if you were clipping. The deck is 25w rms per channel 50 watt max. The speakers are 100w rms and 300 w max. Use an ohm meter and meter the speakers to see what the resistance is. Check your speaker wires also to see if you may have either pinched one or the connection is loose. Like kino said switch the speaker around to the wires the 4x6's are running off of to see if it makes a difference. Also those 6x9's are listed as 4 ohm speakers not 2 ohm.

I seriously dont think that deck could blow out those speakers, even if you were clipping. The deck is 25w rms per channel 50 watt max. The speakers are 100w rms and 300 w max. Use an ohm meter and meter the speakers to see what the resistance is. Check your speaker wires also to see if you may have either pinched one or the connection is loose. Like kino said switch the speaker around to the wires the 4x6's are running off of to see if it makes a difference. Also those 6x9's are listed as 4 ohm speakers not 2 ohm.

You can kill a 500 wat rms speaker with 2 watts clipped and distorted just fyi2 ohm by9s is not rare I just got rid of some ID 6 1/2 that are 2 ohmsI think ya blew the by9s personally

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

You can kill a 500 wat rms speaker with 2 watts clipped and distorted just fyi

Orly?

Archived