Sonic Electronix

6x9 speakers are sounding bad! HELP!

I have bought a pair of JBL GTO 938 for the rear deck and Kicker ks46 for the doors. Right now they are running off my kenwood dpx308u stereo. I wired them up and love loud music. Though now my 6x9s are sounding sqeaky and maybe blown there is also alot of distortion when playing at high volume??? i bought the all the speakers and headunit two weeks ago. My question is two things could my 6x9s be blown already? and If not do i need bigger wires for my speakers and would i need to get an amp and if so what kind of amp because the 4x6s are 4 ohms and the 6x9s are 2 ohms??? HELP PLEASE new to car audio. :angry22:

Sounds like you need to set the high pass filter and do some eq adjusting.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

check how they are wired..... go to 12 volt and it will tell you specific color code on your wires for your car... also try runnin a amp to your 6x9's... if you run a amp to them the fronts should be obsolite... I had a old 92 cutlass and just ran rear 6x9's with a amp and they made it louder than any concert ive been too... so I never put front speakers in

2 ohm 6x9. Sounds interesting.

most head units are designed to run at 4 ohms. something is going out either deck or speakers. If you can trouble shoot switch the rear speakers to the front speaker outputs and test. If the sound is the same speakers went bad. If the sound is better to the way it was before the decks rear channels are going out.

I recommend a 4channel with at least a hp/lp filter. 4x25 to 4x50 at 4 ohms should be more than efficient. Hp the fron a full range the rear.

2 ohm 6x9. Sounds interesting.

most head units are designed to run at 4 ohms. something is going out either deck or speakers. If you can trouble shoot switch the rear speakers to the front speaker outputs and test. If the sound is the same speakers went bad. If the sound is better to the way it was before the decks rear channels are going out.

I recommend a 4channel with at least a hp/lp filter. 4x25 to 4x50 at 4 ohms should be more than efficient. Hp the fron a full range the rear.

Sorry havent got to post up a video school and work have been keeping my time very busy but yes they are 2 ohm 6x9s i thought it was weird to... but i hate to know something blew cause i bought them not long ago. Team Bassick i will attempt that tomorrow and hopefully it works.

Archived