Nate Futuristic Posted September 16, 2012 Report Posted September 16, 2012 I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of. droid = verizon line of android smart phones android = google OS using proper "techie" terminology would help your cause that much more and make you look less like a apple fanboy who loves to buy a dumb smart phone/device every 9 months lmk when your gets 4g.......... oh wait you gotta buy the new new new new one for that :S (dont take offense i am a avid member of xda developers and support open source!) So what do you call it if your droid is on the AT&T network? droid is a verizon based name for most of their ANDROID devices (most of which are made by Motorola) if your ANDROID is on at&t it most likely goes by its manufactures name I.e. htc one x (not droid one x or droid) down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
roscoe1129 Posted September 16, 2012 Report Posted September 16, 2012 have an acer a500 didnt want the 700 cuzz all they did was put a higher res screen in the same platform as the 500 and didnt upgrade the software causing it to glitch Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
8ight Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of. droid = verizon line of android smart phones android = google OS using proper "techie" terminology would help your cause that much more and make you look less like a apple fanboy who loves to buy a dumb smart phone/device every 9 months lmk when your gets 4g.......... oh wait you gotta buy the new new new new one for that :S (dont take offense i am a avid member of xda developers and support open source!) You obviously knew what I meant when I said it so my point wasn't missed, it's marketing jargon- who cares. As an Android fanboy you would be stuck buying a new phone at least twice a day if you wanted the latest and greatest. I skipped the 4S since it wasn't a big upgrade and I like my GSIII better than the 5, which I will not be buying. Just so you know, Apple has a tick-tock annual release schedule, there is not a release every nine months. Also I post on Dream.In.Code, am I more qualified because of it? No. So STFU. I'm gonna hate
Nate Futuristic Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of. droid = verizon line of android smart phones android = google OS using proper "techie" terminology would help your cause that much more and make you look less like a apple fanboy who loves to buy a dumb smart phone/device every 9 months lmk when your gets 4g.......... oh wait you gotta buy the new new new new one for that :S (dont take offense i am a avid member of xda developers and support open source!) You obviously knew what I meant when I said it so my point wasn't missed, it's marketing jargon- who cares. As an Android fanboy you would be stuck buying a new phone at least twice a day if you wanted the latest and greatest. I skipped the 4S since it wasn't a big upgrade and I like my GSIII better than the 5, which I will not be buying. Just so you know, Apple has a tick-tock annual release schedule, there is not a release every nine months. Also I post on Dream.In.Code, am I more qualified because of it? No. So STFU. lol if you stick to a brand like samsung or htc their "flagship" phones are released once a reay just like apple im not downing apple that much i mean they made tech what it is now and without them im sure phones wouldnt be what they are today all im saying is in MY honest opinion i favor open source (custom OS/themse/kernels/radios) which make the phone/device preform like i want it to UNLIKE apple who locks down most of their OS (oh yeah jailbreaking but honestly nothing close can be done to it performance wise compared to andriod based platforms ) i also work with ACSyndicate (a well know developing team ) on kernel patches and themes does that make me a better consumer? no i just understand technology lingo and dont base my facts off of reiterated babble that everyone else says (yes people have said the same this as im saying so copy cat or not its my opinion) never tried to make you get all in your feelings over the terms you wish to use just letting you know you sound less of a techie using a common consumers name of a device (i.e all androids all called droids to the uneducated) so STFU back? down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
inm Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Christ, can we leave the Android v Apple bullshit alone for one fucking day? It seems you can go anywhere without people whining about it everyday. That being said, to the OP, here's my opinion. A 10" tablet seems like it would too big to go on a dash, so I would stick with a Nexus 7. That being said, as N8 said, there are a ton of aftermarket options for using an iPad in dash, so that does make it a little easier. I think a Nexus 7 (or any 7" tablet for that matter, including the iPad 7" that could potentially be coming with the next year) would look perfect in a dash. On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
n8ball2013 Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 how about both of you stfu and give the thread back? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
n8ball2013 Posted September 17, 2012 Report Posted September 17, 2012 Christ, can we leave the Android v Apple bullshit alone for one fucking day? It seems you can go anywhere without people whining about it everyday. That being said, to the OP, here's my opinion. A 10" tablet seems like it would too big to go on a dash, so I would stick with a Nexus 7. That being said, as N8 said, there are a ton of aftermarket options for using an iPad in dash, so that does make it a little easier. I think a Nexus 7 (or any 7" tablet for that matter, including the iPad 7" that could potentially be coming with the next year) would look perfect in a dash. depends on the dash too. ive seen the big boys look really great in the dash of some installs. It also depends on the person. some people dont care about flow or any of that. they just care about "i got a tab in my dash yo" i could easily fab a 10 inch in my truck it just wont flow. and if it wont flow it doesnt go. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
8ight Posted September 18, 2012 Report Posted September 18, 2012 I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of. droid = verizon line of android smart phones android = google OS using proper "techie" terminology would help your cause that much more and make you look less like a apple fanboy who loves to buy a dumb smart phone/device every 9 months lmk when your gets 4g.......... oh wait you gotta buy the new new new new one for that :S (dont take offense i am a avid member of xda developers and support open source!) You obviously knew what I meant when I said it so my point wasn't missed, it's marketing jargon- who cares. As an Android fanboy you would be stuck buying a new phone at least twice a day if you wanted the latest and greatest. I skipped the 4S since it wasn't a big upgrade and I like my GSIII better than the 5, which I will not be buying. Just so you know, Apple has a tick-tock annual release schedule, there is not a release every nine months. Also I post on Dream.In.Code, am I more qualified because of it? No. So STFU. lol if you stick to a brand like samsung or htc their "flagship" phones are released once a reay just like apple im not downing apple that much i mean they made tech what it is now and without them im sure phones wouldnt be what they are today all im saying is in MY honest opinion i favor open source (custom OS/themse/kernels/radios) which make the phone/device preform like i want it to UNLIKE apple who locks down most of their OS (oh yeah jailbreaking but honestly nothing close can be done to it performance wise compared to andriod based platforms ) i also work with ACSyndicate (a well know developing team ) on kernel patches and themes does that make me a better consumer? no i just understand technology lingo and dont base my facts off of reiterated babble that everyone else says (yes people have said the same this as im saying so copy cat or not its my opinion) never tried to make you get all in your feelings over the terms you wish to use just letting you know you sound less of a techie using a common consumers name of a device (i.e all androids all called droids to the uneducated) so STFU back? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man I'm gonna hate
Nate Futuristic Posted September 18, 2012 Report Posted September 18, 2012 I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of. droid = verizon line of android smart phones android = google OS using proper "techie" terminology would help your cause that much more and make you look less like a apple fanboy who loves to buy a dumb smart phone/device every 9 months lmk when your gets 4g.......... oh wait you gotta buy the new new new new one for that :S (dont take offense i am a avid member of xda developers and support open source!) You obviously knew what I meant when I said it so my point wasn't missed, it's marketing jargon- who cares. As an Android fanboy you would be stuck buying a new phone at least twice a day if you wanted the latest and greatest. I skipped the 4S since it wasn't a big upgrade and I like my GSIII better than the 5, which I will not be buying. Just so you know, Apple has a tick-tock annual release schedule, there is not a release every nine months. Also I post on Dream.In.Code, am I more qualified because of it? No. So STFU. lol if you stick to a brand like samsung or htc their "flagship" phones are released once a reay just like apple im not downing apple that much i mean they made tech what it is now and without them im sure phones wouldnt be what they are today all im saying is in MY honest opinion i favor open source (custom OS/themse/kernels/radios) which make the phone/device preform like i want it to UNLIKE apple who locks down most of their OS (oh yeah jailbreaking but honestly nothing close can be done to it performance wise compared to andriod based platforms ) i also work with ACSyndicate (a well know developing team ) on kernel patches and themes does that make me a better consumer? no i just understand technology lingo and dont base my facts off of reiterated babble that everyone else says (yes people have said the same this as im saying so copy cat or not its my opinion) never tried to make you get all in your feelings over the terms you wish to use just letting you know you sound less of a techie using a common consumers name of a device (i.e all androids all called droids to the uneducated) so STFU back? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/witless down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
roscoe1129 Posted September 18, 2012 Report Posted September 18, 2012 really another thread to lock????? jeesus ppl keep it civil Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.