Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

For real I have ran alot of shit, good and bad and I don't bash on car audio whatever brand it may be someone use's , I don't care... If you can get loud good for u! Take pride in what u have! I have also ran sundown, and other "big" names and was cool with them to. It don't mean thats all u have to use and that only them big name brands are the only thing out there.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I'm sure the Americanbass xfl 15 s I'm going to put in next month are junk to right because them are 190 each lol cheap subs!

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

nice im gonna buy 4 of them just for fun, i can think n some funny stuff :deadhorse:

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

I'll assume someone too cheap to buy good subs, wouldn't spend money for a good amp either. Or the electrical to support 5,000. Or even a good design, lol.

Cheap is cheap. You probably use P&S and chrome inserts. Still waiting on your clamps on that big bang ;)

lol I do use cheap shit , I have done 150db on 6 30$ subs on 1500wrms like I said haters going to hate

just like my profile pic 4 15" digital audio on a PPI Sedona 2000.1 in 15 cuft. Doing 151db on stock alt and batt :)

I had 2 digital audio 15s on a digital audio 2500 back in 2006 lol shit flexed the fack out of my talons windshield

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I'm wondering if somebody can give some real ts specs on these. Any of you guys that have got them have the ability or tools to be able to do that?

Someone send one to cj or someone with a im-sg

Maybe steve himself could get one lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I'm wondering if somebody can give some real ts specs on these. Any of you guys that have got them have the ability or tools to be able to do that?

Someone send one to cj or someone with a im-sg

Maybe steve himself could get one lol

I don't forsee Steve wasting his time getting T/S specs on a $60.00 sub. Maybe if he was bored or whatever. I like the 12 spoke basket on the subs and it makes me think they can be reconed, or motor swapped for something nicer.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Usable throw on these is close to like 1.4" or so isn't it? I think I read somewhere the xmax is like 8.6 or somethin stupid like that. Any proof of these having some good excursion?

Edit: and if this sub is comparable to a w3 I think I'll stick to my e12's lol

Are you one of those guys who is all into how much the sub is moving to judge it? Like I see on YouTube comments a lot: "the sub is barely moving!". From what I understand,subs hardly move at or around the ported boxes' tuning.

8.6 or not. It is completely useless to look at xmax alone. This single sub (while not being broken in) is still capable of hurting my ears. And I had a 15" in 4.0 ported getting close to 1.2k and shaking the damn car apart.

I can only say that I think you are losing out by not trying one of these. And again, I had the 15" on close to 1.2k :)

I guarantee these beat anything at frys or best buy (in store anyway). And that's with their $300 Polk db1222 dual 360w rms 12" in ported box that I tried (was on sale. Still not worth $50 lol. Probably the tiny 1.0 for each sub

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Don't get me wrong, I buy only high end for reliability and performance, but for a multi sub setup with 4 or 8 of these im thinking it would be worth every penny because thats all your spending, pennies, plus if you pop one, your only out $60, plus from what I see in the pics, im sure someone could do a recone on one. I wish I could have found a sub that looked like that for $60 12 years ago, at that time you'd spend $250 a piece for a sub built like that. My opinion is just from the looks, but I'd like to hear one or two with the right power to at least give an opinion on them, per price point.

Put It this way. In a blind test, you could not tell the difference between this and a JL 12w3v3-4. The ONLY difference I notice is the low end handling, but that's because the JL is in its specific box and is broken in. And I would assume the lack of low end handling is onlt due to the spider being stiff (since, after all, lower hz move more and a stiffer spider = more resistance to flex.

Also the cheaper subs seem to need a ton of cubes to get loud. So it might be better in a slightly bigger box. 2-3 maybe? I would love feedback from anyone with different sized boxes.

Also the JL plays fine in a prefab 1.0 ported box. I have another 12" performance teknique sub that does lousy in it but is great and louder than the JL in the 1.75 box. Gonna try the rd-12 in the 1.0 tommorrow.

4-8 of these? Kinda extreme. 2 of these need 1k I would say. But if you have the cash, go for it. I'm just concerned about longevity at this point.

I know 2 of these will satisfy me.

Also gonna try my mrp-m500 which is .5k on 2 ohms. Should tell me exactly how these perform on 500rms. I'm giving it 800 now (or so)

Post some video's of your results, if the box is built to the subwoofers specs, and ported to a lower hz it should play low just fine regardless of how stiff the spider is, in a scenario like this, it can really all come down to the box, vent mach and cubic feet, as to how well the sub plays and its power handling capabilities.

Ive had a lot of subs over the years and part of the problem with the lows was the sub and tuning.

It could also simply be these subs don't handle lows well. They certainly don't sound good on lower than 32hz, that's for sure. Sounds lower and muffled. I can not personally say if this is the spider being stiff or the sub itself or box tuning or what...

I noticed with other subs and low hz that on 1 ohm, voltage would drop a decent amount. The same happens with this sub on 2 ohms.

I wish I had more experience to pass on my results more accurately.

But no matter what, these are still worth more than ANYTHING in store at best buy or frys. Perhaps even at local shops, minus most of the JL's, assuming they don't have dd or sundown or stuff of that nature.

I will take some vids today for sure. It's actually sunny out and not too cold (yay)

Any suggestions on air movement measurement? Obviously a shirt won't move much...I think...

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived