Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

^^^ exactly the vvme amp

Sorry I was just posting the sub so people don't think I have subs too sorry

I figured everyone would want to hear about the amps too

It's cool. I should have read the entire thread. Posting the model number would have helped too ;)

Anyways, what size boxes are you guys running with these subs?

Got one in a 1.75 32hz. Sounds great. Wondering what kind of enclosure I should get for 2 of these. And not sure if I should go sealed or ported.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

^^^ exactly the vvme amp

It's cool. I should have read the entire thread. Posting the model number would have helped too ;)

Got one in a 1.75 32hz. Sounds great. Wondering what kind of enclosure I should get for 2 of these. And not sure if I should go sealed or ported.

Havn't you heard of McGruff the crime dog?

"Remember kids, just say NO to sealed boxes."

That is unless you want your 2 12"s to have less output than one in a computer spec designed box.

XS-power1.jpg

Alright, here's one thing that hasn't been asked, if I were to get these would they be able to be reconeable (word?) by psi or DC or any other company? or would that not be an option. As well as, can i take those stickers (i think?) off of the magnet and what not.

Btw, wellington, how's the low end on that sub in the 1.75 cu box?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

^^^ exactly the vvme amp

That is unless you want your 2 12"s to have less output than one in a computer spec designed box.

LOL....had to.

mcgruff_color22.jpg

Alright, here's one thing that hasn't been asked, if I were to get these would they be able to be reconeable (word?) by psi or DC or any other company? or would that not be an option. As well as, can i take those stickers (i think?) off of the magnet and what not.

Btw, wellington, how's the low end on that sub in the 1.75 cu box?

That is a question better answered by PSI/fixmyspeaker ;)

The stickers do come off. I actually was wondering about the best ways to remove the sticker without leaving the sticky part behind.

I started to take the sticker off and noticed the magnets are not equal. One side sticks out about 1/4". Sub still plays fine though....

The low end? Depends on how you define low end.

They don't seem to like under port tuning and will start to smell. Anything above tuning (mine is 32hz, so anything around 34hz even will play all day, but not as loud. My peak is around 40 if I recall correctly from the last time I played tones on it.

The spider is still stiff as hell so I don't know how it's going to behave after the break in. But as of now, it's doing great.

DSCN2366.jpg

DSCN2367.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I believe the 1500w amp was said to be nearly identical to the Audiopoop Mini amps, will likely do close to rated but I doubt it does it clean by any means

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

^^^ exactly the vvme amp

LOL....had to.

mcgruff_color22.jpg

I almost did that lol! I think thats the second time i've posted that slogan I created in a drunken blurr one night, but its the truff!!! woof

XS-power1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I buy only high end for reliability and performance, but for a multi sub setup with 4 or 8 of these im thinking it would be worth every penny because thats all your spending, pennies, plus if you pop one, your only out $60, plus from what I see in the pics, im sure someone could do a recone on one. I wish I could have found a sub that looked like that for $60 12 years ago, at that time you'd spend $250 a piece for a sub built like that. My opinion is just from the looks, but I'd like to hear one or two with the right power to at least give an opinion on them, per price point.

XS-power1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I buy only high end for reliability and performance, but for a multi sub setup with 4 or 8 of these im thinking it would be worth every penny because thats all your spending, pennies, plus if you pop one, your only out $60, plus from what I see in the pics, im sure someone could do a recone on one. I wish I could have found a sub that looked like that for $60 12 years ago, at that time you'd spend $250 a piece for a sub built like that. My opinion is just from the looks, but I'd like to hear one or two with the right power to at least give an opinion on them, per price point.

Put It this way. In a blind test, you could not tell the difference between this and a JL 12w3v3-4. The ONLY difference I notice is the low end handling, but that's because the JL is in its specific box and is broken in. And I would assume the lack of low end handling is onlt due to the spider being stiff (since, after all, lower hz move more and a stiffer spider = more resistance to flex.

Also the cheaper subs seem to need a ton of cubes to get l

4-8 of these? Kinda extreme.

Put It this way. In a blind test, you could not tell the difference between this and a JL 12w3v3-4. The ONLY difference I notice is the low end handling, but that's because the JL is in its specific box and is broken in. And I would assume the lack of low end handling is onlt due to the spider being stiff (since, after all, lower hz move more and a stiffer spider = more resistance to flex.

Also the cheaper subs seem to need a ton of cubes to get loud. So it might be better in a slightly bigger box. 2-3 maybe? I would love feedback from anyone with different sized boxes.

Also the JL plays fine in a prefab 1.0 ported box. I have another 12" performance teknique sub that does lousy in it but is great and louder than the JL in the 1.75 box. Gonna try the rd-12 in the 1.0 tommorrow.

4-8 of these? Kinda extreme. 2 of these need 1k I would say. But if you have the cash, go for it. I'm just concerned about longevity at this point.

I know 2 of these will satisfy me.

Also gonna try my mrp-m500 which is .5k on 2 ohms. Should tell me exactly how these perform on 500rms. I'm giving it 800 now (or so)

Archived