sq car speakers

keith

i do have speakers in my car now and sound quality to me should come at you from all directions who in the hell told you that their should not be any rear fill in a sq set up thats your personal opinion and i have heard a lot of cars that had 2,4and 6 its all about preference

Alpine, sorry for being a dick, I have a tendency to get angry and jump to useless conclusions out of nowhere. My bad

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

like video i posted, how do u get that "full" sound out of a midbass, i could do without subs if i could just get that sound, just a good midrange with midbass n a smooth tweet but under $2,000 lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I'll second that even low priced speaker can sound good. The key to s.q. is less in how much money you spend on a speaker and more on how you apply that speaker. Using active crossovers, speaker placement, proper crossover points, equalization and so on make a huge difference.

I was extremely annoyed with my components until i ran them active, and adjusted eq settings 1000 times. They get better and better sounding all the time.

The objective of true sq is to have perfect front staging thats all aligned and imaged correctly. Why in the hell would you put rear fill in that will totally pull the imagery off the dash and towards the rear of the car?

If true sq isnt what you are looking for, please stop using the term incorrectly and state you are wanting a clean precise sounding mids and highs set up.

True Sq and rear fill do not belong even on the same page as one another.

Ahhh come on now bro. Your talking to the same group that thinks super tweeters are SQ. Or the same ones who think "sounding clear as loud as you can" as SQ. There is NO WAY 6x9's or class D amps can be in a competition level SQ car, nor win a world finals.

It's better to just skim over these threads then it is to bang yer head on the keyboard @ all the fail opinions about SQ, Can't tell the "don't knows" that they need to spend some real time at SQ events to have a clear understanding of what real SQ is.

So the alpine pdx amps gary summers was running were no class D? And aubreys car didn't sound awsome with th 6x9s in the front stage?

re read what I wrote Alpine ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i do have speakers in my car now and sound quality to me should come at you from all directions who in the hell told you that their should not be any rear fill in a sq set up thats your personal opinion and i have heard a lot of cars that had 2,4and 6 its all about preference

Sound should come from infront of you, just as it would if you were listening to it live. That is how SQ works, not whatever you think. There is less opinion and preference in SQ than you think. Granted there is some subjectivity in judging, but there are pretty well defined standards, and none of those standards includes sound coming at your from all directions.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Alpine, sorry for being a dick, I have a tendency to get angry and jump to useless conclusions out of nowhere. My bad

No need to say sorry I come across as a dick to I don't get upset at the internet talk we just sharing our opinions even if there not the same but I have seen an heard couuntless sq cars that are fucking amazing one of the most fun ones was tthe one with 6x9s in the front stage its all about tunning and how you utilize the speakers shit I've heard selenams I thought sounded really good but tunned right. Isint that right bill?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

same here, still at about 3000 adjustments lol are your db's the carbonfiber looking ones, or light tan looking smooth cone?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

:stfu2:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

same here, still at about 3000 adjustments lol are your db's the carbonfiber looking ones, or light tan looking smooth cone?

mine are the tan ones. My gain for my tweets is about 1/4 of the mids. I cut 1k about 6 to 8db depending and i cut 15k 2db to 3db. i run the mids 77hz to 3800ish and the tweets 4k ish up. There are some other subtle eq adjustments but right now they sound crazy for $120 speakers

Archived