sq car speakers

keith

Alpine, sorry for being a dick, I have a tendency to get angry and jump to useless conclusions out of nowhere. My bad

No need to say sorry I come across as a dick to I don't get upset at the internet talk we just sharing our opinions even if there not the same but I have seen an heard couuntless sq cars that are fucking amazing one of the most fun ones was tthe one with 6x9s in the front stage its all about tunning and how you utilize the speakers shit I've heard selenams I thought sounded really good but tunned right. Isint that right bill?

Exactly.

Some of the better sounding cars will surprise people with the gear they have in them

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

im not trying to enter my car in any sound comp my main objective is sounding perfect with good speakers that will handle the volume dont distort and have very good sq i do no the focus should be on the front stage but i also want rear fill so i can play around with it if i choose all im asking is for speaker sugestions and this totally went the wrong direction gave speaker sizes and no one has even mentioned anything about speakers at all dont want cheap ass speaskers in my car want somyhing that will sound great and that i will be able to adjust to my liking thought the name of this thread was sound quality car speakers not sound quality set up if any body can help me it would be greatly apreciated

Alpine, sorry for being a dick, I have a tendency to get angry and jump to useless conclusions out of nowhere. My bad

No need to say sorry I come across as a dick to I don't get upset at the internet talk we just sharing our opinions even if there not the same but I have seen an heard couuntless sq cars that are fucking amazing one of the most fun ones was tthe one with 6x9s in the front stage its all about tunning and how you utilize the speakers shit I've heard selenams I thought sounded really good but tunned right. Isint that right bill?

Exactly.

Some of the better sounding cars will surprise people with the gear they have in them

That works both ways! some people have ridiculously nice gear, and my farts have better sound.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

mine, i dunno what else to do to em, when i rewired everything to active and played nero for the first time, it sounded awesome, now it still sounds ok but either mid is muffled or tweet to harsh, i like alot of hard rock type music n would like it to sound "live" rather than through a set of $1 store ear buds lol

heres just my mids n highs from way back, befor i went back to passave n now active again th_DSCN2515-1.jpg

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Gear is only one part of the complex equation called "Sound Quality"

Installation is key as well.

You can spend $6k on speakers but if you just stick them on the doors, no planning, no deadening, no eqing, and whatnot, it's gonna sound like butt

But if you have a budget setup, but properly installed, eq-ed, x-overed, deadened, and other factors, it's gonna sound amazing.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Exactly.

That works both ways! some people have ridiculously nice gear, and my farts have better sound.

Very true.

For me, I have less then 250 bucks in my 3 way front stage and hold my own in a class where $800 tweeters are the norm ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

mine, i dunno what else to do to em, when i rewired everything to active and played nero for the first time, it sounded awesome, now it still sounds ok but either mid is muffled or tweet to harsh, i like alot of hard rock type music n would like it to sound "live" rather than through a set of $1 store ear buds lol

heres just my mids n highs from way back, befor i went back to passave n now active again th_DSCN2515-1.jpg

Try the e.q. settings that i did. the "db's" tweeters are harsh but 15k takes it right out of em' plus they take very little power to get the job done. if you cut 1k it will make the midbass and vocals jump out more and make them sound a bit more overpowered and give you that live sound you want.

since the topic is here, might as well ask, what exactly are waveguides?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

this is celine dion with 2 10's, does this sound ok? http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/tacomabanga2007/?action=view&current=DSCN2519.mp4

i dunno if my ears are getting more f'ed up from having my 15's wangin on some jeezy to distinguish sq from shit lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I only spent around $60 for my front stage, but with planning, like installing my tweeters on my a-pillars, have them towards the windshield, facing the rearview mirror, passively crossed at 5k at a -12db slope it widened up the stage, and gave the effect of not know where the tweeter is coming from and the tweeter had a good flat response, so I hear parts of songs I usually don't hear. Also recently deadened my doors, and saw improvements on midrange clarity, better midbass, especially when I could hear proper drum sounds. I have pretty alright sound quality going on, even though it's always a work in progress, and this is all on headunit power, and I haven't eq-ed anything yet, and still saving for a good 4 channel amp.

What I'm saying in all this is that installation is key too.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived