RooTxBeeR Posted September 23, 2012 Report Posted September 23, 2012 I got a question on whether if this set up I am thinking of would sound good. I have 6.5 stock locations in the front doors, and in the back I am putting in custom panels off the sides of my sub box, so size is more custom in the back. How would running a normal component set up front, and a 8" driver and tweeter in back, all running active sound? I always see people doing it the opposite of me, modding there doors for custom locations and put bigger midbass drivers in the front, and doing co-axial, or comp sets in the back. I just don't want to mod the doors at this time just incase I have to sell this car in the future. Once I know this car is mine( If I get a new car without having to sell this one) I am going to turn it into a long slow build. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Kevin M Posted September 25, 2012 Report Posted September 25, 2012 Well you know me I like a midbass as big as you can fit up front. The only reason I don't do a 15" is because of that stupid window motor.lol You could move a comp set to the kicks and put a more stout 6.5 midbass in the doors. The Peerless SLS has been getting a lot of attention for that. As far as rear fill opinions vary. I like to have mine barely audible if any at all. It does seem to give it a little more ambiance but that is subjective and it is all personal preference. Tang Band makes some kick ass Fullrangers that you could toss in some kicks and use a 6.5 MB in the door. What direction are you taking the car if you get the green light? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-848 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Omega5002 Posted September 25, 2012 Report Posted September 25, 2012 Tang Band makes good tweeters too 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
RooTxBeeR Posted September 25, 2012 Author Report Posted September 25, 2012 Well I was just curious as to what people think having a bigger midbass driver in the back than the front, would sound. If I where to do this, I was looking at T1 or T2 comp set infront, and some RF T series full range drivers with a 8" midbass and 1" tweeter in the rear. I am just merely curious as if that would even sound good. If not I will just get 2 comp sets and do one front and one in back. And ya kevin lol, your doors are nuts, probably could put more bass out from your doors than most peoples cars can hahahahhaa. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Kevin M Posted September 25, 2012 Report Posted September 25, 2012 I haven't had my wall in the car for a month and am surprised how much I still like listening to it my stereo with only four speakers.Tossing your midbass in the back is fine as long as you cross them low. But if you are using a tweeter in the rear I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have seen competition level cars with the MB in the rear and in the front using comps active, and horns so I think it would work either way. I would try it and spend a couple days listening tweaking gains and what not to see if you like it. I used to be anti rear-fill until I tried it then I changed my mind. It's a lot of work to add such a small amount to your stereo but the width and the depth in the stage made it all worth it. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
notorious97200 Posted September 25, 2012 Report Posted September 25, 2012 Honestly you don't need nothing in the rear. Try to find a good comp and loud comp set to fit in the front doors. You can do some kick panels too, it won't "destroy" your car or lower the resell value (you can take them out if you want to sell the car). I can't tell you which brand or model to look at, but the Pearless and Tang Bang don't look bad. Take a look at the JBL speakers too : they're loud and clean usually. I'd love to try the old 608 GTI in my car, but my Focal set (165KP) are still fantastic after more than 6 years ! Good luck OP ! black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
ALPINE408 Posted September 25, 2012 Report Posted September 25, 2012 The problem with midbass in the rear is that you want your full sound spectrume in the front coming at you with midbass in the rear the sound will allways pull to the rear and sounds awkward you don't need 8s for mid bass as well I have crazy midbass with 6 1/2s but there was a lot of work involed in getting them to do what an 8 does naturally Also rear fill is just that something to fill the rear and really is not needed I have 2 3 way sets going into my car one in the front and one in the back the back is just for sound to keep up with my bass during demos for everyday lisening and when I jump into sq comps the rears are shut down as in turned off Have you ever had your woofers blown?
RooTxBeeR Posted September 28, 2012 Author Report Posted September 28, 2012 Thanks everyone for there input! On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Omega5002 Posted September 28, 2012 Report Posted September 28, 2012 Hope you figured out what you want 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
RooTxBeeR Posted September 28, 2012 Author Report Posted September 28, 2012 Yeah, I am just going to stick to the original plan for 2 6.5" comp sets. front/rear On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.