JasonJones Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 So I'm considering enlisting as the title says. I have many personal reasons for wishing to do so, however, I am looking for current or previous enlistmen's advice on the matter. I have no real preference of which branch or MOS. To be completely honest I am very open to ideas of doing different things even if they may seem boring etc or doing the crazy shit. I have taken the "Pre-ASVAB" and scored an AFQT of 88 for reference. Any advice or warnings are appreciated!
HatersGonnaHate Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 Take a look at all the MOS that are available. Most of the time, the recruiter will shit down your throat and tell you everything that you want to hear, just to get you as one of his recruits. My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
n8ball2013 Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 what do you want to do for a job? this will be a deciding factor in which branch. some mos's are only offered in certain branches. for me it was the best thing ive ever done with my life. It got me out of a bad situation and provided me a skill and the means to become a successful individual. If I had never done it you wouldnt even know who i was. Hell I could even be dead right now for all I know. I would never tell anyone not to enlist. I would advise being very careful as recruiters can be downright dirty. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
JasonJones Posted September 24, 2012 Author Report Posted September 24, 2012 In terms of MOS's I'm really flexible. I work two jobs right now double major full time and rarely have time to see my kids so I'm looking into the military for a chance to advance myself and hopefully be able to complete my education inside and come out on top with minimal to no loans. And yes, I've heard recruiters are snakes, that they can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. I would prefer a stimulating MOS, but it stuck with something less than ideal I wouldn't be opposed.
n8ball2013 Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 you need to have an idea of what you want to do before you go in any of those offices. if you play it right you can enlist and have damn near a masters for free and then you can use your gi bill to finish. BUT have an idea of what you want to do. I did IT work in. I do IT outside. It gave me that skillset. I had to find tune it and expand my knowledge but it gave me that base. Ill be honest. mots of what you find wont be that stimulating unless youre blowing shit up and you wont even get to do that every day.it really becomes a normal job with lots of pt and values topped off with a structured lifestyle. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Maebros Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 Don't forget n8 that its also a ton of bullshit and retards.... lol but seriously though look into different jobs before you go talk to a recruiter. My first enlistment I did GIS and most of the people that I went to AIT with got out are are making really good money now. The military will train you so find what you want there are so many different jobs available. The best decision I have ever mad was to join the Army. Its not a bad gig. HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
HatersGonnaHate Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 That's why I said to research what's available. I was gonna go in as an undesignated airmen in the Navy because the recruiter said "you can do anything you want with that job". Bullshit. Undesignated meant that you were the Navy's bitch lol. I scored an 88 on the ASVAB, they said I could have any job I wanted, so I researched and came back with being an aviation mechanic... Sheet metal fab, welding, hydraulics, all that good stuff. I was a mechanic without any welding or fabrication skill, and that job would have lined me up for being a jack of all trades within the auto repair industry. I said "would have lined me up" The recruiter never tells you what happen when shit hits the fan in boot camp. I snapped my leg in half 2 days before graduation and ended up staying in boot camp for 9 months instead of 2. Had to recover and do basic all over again, then they chaptered me out and tried to skimp out on the benefits I was entitled to. Never be afraid to ask questions. My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
Endgame Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 I can say that my son is in Asscrackistan right now and he is very unhappy with what he has learned in the service. Trust No One
n8ball2013 Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 it is what you make of it. if your attitude towards it sucks. or you get stuck wtih shitty leadership its going to suck. i had the honor of working iwth and for some amazing leaders and great people. I know alot of units did a ridiculous number of deployments.6 months home 6 out. type stuff. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Maebros Posted September 24, 2012 Report Posted September 24, 2012 Afghanistan wasn't that bad. I'd rather be back out there than stuck in this shithole. But. No matter what job you pick your only gonna get out of it what you put into it. The entire military is lime that there are sooooooo many programs and benefits available to service members that most either don't know about or never take advantage of. HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.