Astro build...*NEW VIDEOS! page 7!* lots of sexy plexiglass, 2 18s walled, ~9k rms

not too much love for what the box looks like with the top mocked up huh? well im going to tie up some loose ends today and if ive got enough time before work i will get the top mounted on. next project is to design and start on the front door panels.

thick ass plexiglass!

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

looks great but i cant imagine how heavy that thing is

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

im liking this!!!

me too!

Looks amazing!

thanks!

That box looks incredible!

well thankyou!

thick ass plexiglass!

yup! 1.25 inch!.

looks great but i cant imagine how heavy that thing is

yeah its not light for sure- everything is double baffle and the face is triple. my brother and i went to tilt the box up with only the face and the 4 sides on and we think thats about 250/275 lbs. then we put the back window and panel on which is about 125 lbs.

An update:

we got the box altogether and did a test fit in the van and it fits like a glove! there is about .25 inch at the top 2 corners of the box before the box hits the van. I would say without the subs, this box weighs about 400 lbs. and with the subs, it will be about 540. i am going to try to load the subs in first because of how hard it will be to load the subs in van. anyways, i changed phones (which is what i use for a camera), so ill get a pic of the box altogether. this box is BIG and HEAVY! today im going to get the subs loaded in the box and do a test with long speaker wires ran to the box sitting on sawhorses so that i can make sure the box sounds alright and that all of the diamond plating did in fact adhere to the wood and nothing is vibrating around in the box or anything, then we can load the box in the van and mount it down!

the box looks pretty sweet with the back seat flipped up because all you can see is the 4 6" ports, and obviously looking through the ports, you can see out the back plexiglass and out of the van. i thought that was pretty cool!

check back later today and i just might have the box in the van with the subs mounted and playing! (at least at low power since we only have one d3100 and stock alt lol.

went ahead and blacked out the grill and bezels around the headlights. it needed it sooo bad lol

IMAG0032-1.jpg

IMAG0033-1.jpg

IMAG0034-1.jpg

the box is all assembled.ive got to touch up a couple spots with black paint, and i think im actualy going to apply another coat of bedliner on the face where the subs mount. i dont have any assembled pics of the box for the side that the window is on because its currently laying like this:

and i cant move it for the life of me lol

IMAG0035-1.jpg

im excited to have this box finally done and ready to load into the van when its we get different subs. i would love to be able to find some used crossfire xsv2s to put in here. we are getting rid of the MTs if anyones interested, let me know.

Thanks again for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update people: we sold the subs and are getting ones that are in better shape so that everything will look nicer. We also ordered 8 crescendo pwx 8 inch mids and 2 ft1 tweeters from Jon (skyhighcaraudio) and they will be here soon. I'm excited to check out these 12 pound mids!

Archived