so i have been looking for a new motor for me bmw e30 for a while. so i went to the european yard and they gave me a price of 1000 for just the motor (m50). my buddy calls me. cuz he is looking for the same motor cuz he has the same car. and hesays they have one for 100 bucks at the "u pull it" yard. dso i go and check it out. the guy says i can get the entire motor(m50) for $215. so i have to go tomorrow to get the motor before he gets it. which is really shady but first come first serve. ill post pics of it tomorrow morning if he doesnt get there before me.

610EUROs

Can you have yours rebuilt? It would be sad to spend all that time taking a motor out of one car, putting it into your car , then have it not work. Remember that the car you are taking the motor from got put into a junkyard for some reason, either wrecked or dead, but undrive-able either way. 215 bucks would be a nice drop in the bucket for a rebuild....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

man be careful with those pull it motors. They can be gold or can be crap. 215 is kinda cheap for a bmw motor. What is the history on the car its being pulled from? What year is your car?

the car had the front end totaled. but the motor wasnt hit. the radiator is busted pretty bad, but i don t need that. the car is a 95 so it cant have that many miles on it. its an m50 vanos motor so even if the block was destroyed it would be worth it just for the parts. my car is an 86 325e.

Can you have yours rebuilt? It would be sad to spend all that time taking a motor out of one car, putting it into your car , then have it not work. Remember that the car you are taking the motor from got put into a junkyard for some reason, either wrecked or dead, but undrive-able either way. 215 bucks would be a nice drop in the bucket for a rebuild....

the yard its in has a list of prices that are for each part no matter car or model. like if i got a slow m20 motor there it would be the same as a fast m50 motor. its one p[rice no matter what motor.

its 95.30 for any 6 cylinder motor in the yard. but i need the alternator and everything for it so it goes up to 215

610EUROs

Being that the front of the car has damage..if you can start the motor and let it idle for a minute or two just to make sure it sounds good.

I understand the radiator is messed up, but if you don't need the motor on all that long, you won't need the cooling. I would definately be skeptical on pulling a motor from a car that has front end damage....Just my opinion.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

That is a nice yard. Do you have a link for them or a phone number?

http://wegotused.com/

Being that the front of the car has damage..if you can start the motor and let it idle for a minute or two just to make sure it sounds good.

I understand the radiator is messed up, but if you don't need the motor on all that long, you won't need the cooling. I would definately be skeptical on pulling a motor from a car that has front end damage....Just my opinion.

i was too. but the motor is gonna cost me under 300. and for that low of a price ill buy it and test it out in my car. the next cheapest m50 motor i found around was 1000 for just the motor. 0 accessories. i can get this motor with every accessory i want for under 300.

610EUROs

is that at harrys u pull it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived