What size wire do i need?

I'm upgrading the wire from my alternator to my battery and the wire from the battery under the hood to the battery in my trunk. I have a 1995 toyota corolla and i believe the stock alternator only produces 70 amps. What would you guys suggest for a wire size for this application?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

0awg now instead of 4 awg now and then 0 awg later when you want to upgrade again when you want to get louder which you will want to HAHA

damn, i was thinking 2 gauge. but it's a good point. everyone on this forum knows that at some point i'll have the money to get louder. better to do it right the first time and then not have to do it a second time.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

1/0 Welding cable from a local welding supply store, or some Knu KCA 1/0 would do fine. 20 ft is more than enough for the big 3, doesn't hurt to have extra if you accidentally cut a bit too much.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

when dealing with this wire should i be weary of no name wire from online? or is it generally pretty safe to get the wire from whomever?

Archived