Second Skin Audio

Cylindrical Box?

Goblenator

I have to disagree. 45s actually don't help you gain as much as you would think. In fact, I have heard of many cases where people have lost up to .4 db from installing a single 45.

Plus, I find a 150 at 63 hz to not be that surprising of a score, ya know? I mean, I could probably put 2 Sony Xplods in a box with the right airspace and a 15-16 sq ft per cube port tuned to the high 50s/low 60s and hit the same numbers, especially if it is in a vehicle that gets loud easy.

With that being said, I do completely agree with you that it would be a good idea for an SPL setup in a CRX, but I cant see it being any useful if you want to play any sort of music TBH. Plus, like everyone else is saying, it does seem like a waste of space, huh?

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

having square walls creates resonant frequencies so like a perfect box would resonate really bad at that quarter wave length. that being said the ideal enclosure to get ride of that would be a sphere. no frequency would be able to bounce off walls perfectly and resonate. it's why it's better to have angles in boxes for sq. so having a tube would help get rid of the whole resonance thing. this is just stuff ive read from a box designing program a while back.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

if your lookin for the calculations on it like volume and stuff, i know rocksford has a box calculator for a cylindrical enclosure

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Archived