I used the wrong engine oil. how big a deal?

You're going to be fine.

I run 15w40 in my Honda. No problems for my little 4 banger. Actually doesn't eat as much oil that way eather. Hondas known for eating oil.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

You're going to be fine.

I run 15w40 in my Honda. No problems for my little 4 banger. Actually doesn't eat as much oil that way eather. Hondas known for eating oil.

mine eats lol

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

You're going to be fine.

Your running diesel oil in a Honda!? Why do you have to run that heavy of oil wow.

You're going to be fine.

Your running diesel oil in a Honda!? Why do you have to run that heavy of oil wow.

Because hondas are known to burn oil, Put a thicker oil in and it wont burn as much/burn as quick

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I didn't know Honda's were that bad. I wasn't trying to be a butt it was just a shock to hear that in a four banger. I don't work on Honda's I hate them personally The only one I owned was a 86 Honda accord. Haven't touched one sense then.

I didn't know Honda's were that bad. I wasn't trying to be a butt it was just a shock to hear that in a four banger. I don't work on Honda's I hate them personally The only one I owned was a 86 Honda accord. Haven't touched one sense then.

I love mine. Easy to work on. Rather fix a blown head gasket on a Honda then a v6 or v8.

And pretty much explained up there.

Ran 15w40 in my 3.3l v6 in my old 95 van. No problems, grandpa runs it in his vehicles. You could run 20w50. Too lol.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

I liked mine just got tired of replacing the electric fans and wheel bearings. I guess it wasn't meant to last at 130 plus lol. I've worked on many motors that the life was shortened from wrong oil. And oil pumps would burn up tiring to circulate such heavy oil for which they weren't designed for. I mean a engine that would go 200'000-700'000 miles before rebuild would be shortened by few 100'000 of miles. But if it works than it works that's all that matters. Question why are they using so much oil. Do the rings and valves have that much slop in them?

Archived