You mentioned on page 1 and somewhere else that your cuts sometimes come up 1/8" short. I know your problem! The blade eats 1/8" of material, and you are not accounting for that.

If you measure from the edge of the wood and cut outside the line your measurement will be exact. If you measure from the edge and cut inside the line (from the other direction) you will come up 1/8" short. You always have to consider the edge you measured from and account for the blade width.

You mentioned on page 1 and somewhere else that your cuts sometimes come up 1/8" short. I know your problem! The blade eats 1/8" of material, and you are not accounting for that.

If you measure from the edge of the wood and cut outside the line your measurement will be exact. If you measure from the edge and cut inside the line (from the other direction) you will come up 1/8" short. You always have to consider the edge you measured from and account for the blade width.

ahh yeah, i like double and triple checked each time i made the cut that i was thinking about the right side of the blade and what not. but i think it was just from doing everything with a skill saw and a makeshift fence over the whole 8' distance. since then using my friends nice table saw it's been a lot better as far as getting good cuts.

and a little update for ya guys! went home to washington for the weekend and was able to hook up with snowdrifter and pull the specs from my sub! so i can finally get to designing the box i've always wanted to build for this sub :) should get nasty!

WP_20140315_006_zps49af2b56.jpg

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

alright well...hopefully this is enough to get some of you guys excited

Capture_zpsb526863f.jpg

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

That's gonna be a fun box to build

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

That's gonna be a fun box to build

lol tell me about it :P it's gonna be a bit of working building this strong. but i think i can do it lol

Beast deadening!

Tline for the x?

heck yeah! thanks man lol it's definitely worth it.

and that sure is, really hoping it turns out sounding good :P

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Awesome work overall man. Once you have that box done and playing I think the only thing you really need is a solid comp set in the doors with a small amp powering them and your good!

thank you! i love getting positive feedback lol and as a matter of fact that is something i've been working on! i've got 2 6.5" mid bass drivers and a kenwood 4 channel amp to drive them all. im just missing a component set. :P just need the money to get them lol and then the time to glass my doors

WP_20140319_001_zps6197aaf1.jpg

Nice, can't wait to hear it!

yeah, just hope i can get it done relatively soon!

That's a BIG box :peepwall:

lol actually with a line length of 108" and a tuning of 28hz.....im surprised at how small it is. i've like triple checked that i have all the dimensions correct for that reason lol

might actually have some room on the side to make a cool amp rack of sorts. but we'll see how that goes when i get to that point.

and hope you don't mind if i post these.

here's some comparison photos of my sundown x15 to snowdrifters' team AA 18

WP_20140315_001_zpsa5e6bf0a.jpg

WP_20140315_002_zps7efa736d.jpg

WP_20140315_004_zps4bad227e.jpg

WP_20140315_006_zps31aab72b.jpg

WP_20140315_007_zps9289a33b.jpg

anyways, starting to get a good idea how exactly im gonna be building this box. getting excited for it.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived