Mhmmm sexy amp right there lol idk if my dcs are stayin. If i can find me a good set of 12's then my bro is buying my dcs for what i have in them. I just wana be able to hit the lows and run more power hair tricks in a single cab s10 is the goal

i definitely want a link to a video when you get to that point!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Man your getting great results with the spray bombs so i think the next logical thing would be to step it up and go with hvlp whenever you have the means. One thing to watch on the gun will be orafice size. The higher the number the less controll you have over material. I like a .1-.08 for primer, .08-.06 for base, and .07-.04 for clear. Their are some things that require oddball sizes like textured paints and large metal flake finishes. Any way go for it and take pics cause we all enjoy looking at your progress.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

Man your getting great results with the spray bombs so i think the next logical thing would be to step it up and go with hvlp whenever you have the means. One thing to watch on the gun will be orafice size. The higher the number the less controll you have over material. I like a .1-.08 for primer, .08-.06 for base, and .07-.04 for clear. Their are some things that require oddball sizes like textured paints and large metal flake finishes. Any way go for it and take pics cause we all enjoy looking at your progress.

thanks! and yeah i think im gonna start looking at getting an HV/LP gun. i have a lot i plan on painting and what not in the future. and thanks for all the good info. lets hope i can turn out better results on my next projects!

and well took a video of my truck since i guess my JL t-line build is now 100% complete.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Wow! That is awesome. That is great flex for only 500w! On my build i wrapped my box with carbon fiber vinyl and flush mounted the sub, then i just bought a kicker zx750 on ebay. Its funny because when i set my box on the ground it is so little for the sound it puts out just of just my hifonics amp (which is over rated). In my original post the A'holes didnt understand what i was trying to say. My hifonics puts out about 630 or so on 2 ohms, and the kicker is rated at about 925+ at 2 ohms. Im ready for the power! Especially since it still only uses 80a and puts out and extra 300!
Oh and my friend who i sold two mtx 12's with a 450w rms amp wants a huge box for his expedition to take up the entire rear area so i get to design a t-line, and his dad is a carpenter so he can put it together in an afternoon. He is going to have a pretty awesome system since i sold them for what i payed for them at 80 for two 12's and a Soundstream amp for 60, and the box shouldnt be much either.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Wow! That is awesome. That is great flex for only 500w! On my build i wrapped my box with carbon fiber vinyl and flush mounted the sub, then i just bought a kicker zx750 on ebay. Its funny because when i set my box on the ground it is so little for the sound it puts out just of just my hifonics amp (which is over rated). In my original post the A'holes didnt understand what i was trying to say. My hifonics puts out about 630 or so on 2 ohms, and the kicker is rated at about 925+ at 2 ohms. Im ready for the power! Especially since it still only uses 80a and puts out and extra 300!

Oh and my friend who i sold two mtx 12's with a 450w rms amp wants a huge box for his expedition to take up the entire rear area so i get to design a t-line, and his dad is a carpenter so he can put it together in an afternoon. He is going to have a pretty awesome system since i sold them for what i payed for them at 80 for two 12's and a Soundstream amp for 60, and the box shouldnt be much either.

yeah, i'd deffinitely say there is some to gain if your sub can take more power and you give it more power. a nd if you have any questions on designing the t-line let me know! and thanks for the compliment on my system man! oh also was it hard wrapping your box? i've never wrapped anything. i've always wanted to try though lol

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I still can't get over how little power this is on... Great work!

thanks! and yeah i think im gonna start looking at getting an HV/LP gun. i have a lot i plan on painting and what not in the future. and thanks for all the good info. lets hope i can turn out better results on my next projects!

and well took a video of my truck since i guess my JL t-line build is now 100% complete.

I like it! I'm not sure your window feels the same, though...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I still can't get over how little power this is on... Great work!

lol thanks man! it kind of makes me scared to see what more power in a t-line is gonna be like

I like it! I'm not sure your window feels the same, though...

lol pretty sure im gonna have to get a new one eventually. but for the time being. my goal is to break it haha

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

yeah, i'd deffinitely say there is some to gain if your sub can take more power and you give it more power. a nd if you have any questions on designing the t-line let me know! and thanks for the compliment on my system man! oh also was it hard wrapping your box? i've never wrapped anything. i've always wanted to try though lol

Yeah ive been coating it in polyurethane since nothing apparently wants to stick to plain mdf. I started coating it today. Then more tomorrow, let it sun bake for a couple hours, sand it smooth (like polishing and removing high spots and dirt), then i should be good to go. Probably go get some chrome bolts to rigg a terminal. Mostly what ive seen about wrapping is make sure you buy enough or even more than enough, stretch it over with two people, get it to how you want it on the flats, then for the sub hole or curve get a hair dryer and hit it for a couple, then wrap your hand in a microfiber and push in until it forms and stretches to the surface, then you can cut the excess, and hit the whole box with the hair dryer to make sure its good and formed. Oh and tomrrow i should have the measurements so i can build it on autodesk and get a 3d model and measurements and specs for everything for you to look at. Probably try and get the final design by friday so he can build it on the weekend.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Yeah ive been coating it in polyurethane since nothing apparently wants to stick to plain mdf. I started coating it today. Then more tomorrow, let it sun bake for a couple hours, sand it smooth (like polishing and removing high spots and dirt), then i should be good to go. Probably go get some chrome bolts to rigg a terminal. Mostly what ive seen about wrapping is make sure you buy enough or even more than enough, stretch it over with two people, get it to how you want it on the flats, then for the sub hole or curve get a hair dryer and hit it for a couple, then wrap your hand in a microfiber and push in until it forms and stretches to the surface, then you can cut the excess, and hit the whole box with the hair dryer to make sure its good and formed. Oh and tomrrow i should have the measurements so i can build it on autodesk and get a 3d model and measurements and specs for everything for you to look at. Probably try and get the final design by friday so he can build it on the weekend.

nice, i might have to try wrapping something soon. something i've always wanted to try.

and well here's a few pics. the pieces are coming together!

fixed the led terminals on my t-line

WP_20130406_001_zps988fdafa.jpg

WP_20130406_003_zpsf5c4a909.jpg

and i put resign on the corners so that they would have more strength and not pull apart

WP_20130409_001_zpsc8b1ae6e.jpg

and another big piece i need before i put the AQ in my truck

WP_20130410_001_zpsc83c1f79.jpg

and then i sstarted my box for my sa8 finally!

WP_20130411_003_zps59a7a917.jpg

WP_20130411_001_zps9d1febad.jpg

yeah so that's what i've been up to lately. im moving to idaho for spring semester so it might be a little bit before i can assemble the box and get it all running. but hopefully things will be coming together soon for my new chapter in my truck!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived