Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

Maybe lower the drinking age to 18 but keep the age to purchase at 21? Probably some flaws in that but I just thought of it reading through these posts lol

That's an interesting thought. So at a house a 18 year old can drink with his parents or 21 year old friends. But he cannot go and purchase alcohol.

I like it, I'll play around with that, bc I need to make policies to support my argument

Exactly, allows those to still legally drink who are defending our nation, and are considered an adult by all others aspects. But still helps to minimize the problem of them then distribting and drinking with younger kids.

Team NorthWestSPL

Maybe lower the drinking age to 18 but keep the age to purchase at 21? Probably some flaws in that but I just thought of it reading through these posts lol

That's an interesting thought. So at a house a 18 year old can drink with his parents or 21 year old friends. But he cannot go and purchase alcohol.

I like it, I'll play around with that, bc I need to make policies to support my argument

see if you can toss in something along the lines of if your under 21 and get pulled over with alcohol in your system you lose your license for__ amount of time. If they make the penalty more severe than a normal DUI it might serve as more of a deterrent, then again you always have those idiots who somehow think driving tanked is a good idea.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

This is an age old debate that is always brought up and discussed time and time again. I believe most of those under 21 are going to be for it and everyone over 21 will be like ah no that is too dangerous. The problem with America today is that we are too ignorant of what goes on in the world around us and we are too self centered. I believe I bring a fairly unbiased opinion since I am 20 and just about to turn 21.

I go to a merchant marine academy currently and have already sailed around the world on a few ships. I've been to many places where the drinking age was only 18. And I have to say, all the 18-21 year olds there that were drinking at the bars with us guys were way mature and had a much better respect for alcohol. This was definitely the case in places like Australia and New Zealand that I visited. I believe this age works in countries like this because they are all brought up with a drinking age of 18. This rules out a lot of the younger teens who are beginning to want to drink and socialize. In turn, what this does, is greatly reduces the amount of people who have to drink illegally. I dont think there are as many 17 and younger kids who want to drink. So this basically reduces the amount of illegal drinking. And illegal drinking often gets more out of hand than legal drinking. If you know what I mean hahaha.

With this all being said though, I don't think we could lower the age in America with the current views of alcohols from minors. Things would get too out of hand. We have to be slowly brought into it over a long period of time.

So yah in your debate I would definitely bring up the success of 18+ drinking ages in other countries.

I think American citizens need to take more responsibility.

The govt is trying to control healthcare. Alrdy has education etc

We need to be more mature younger and take responsibility at a younger age. In england you can drink beer and wine when your 16 I think./.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Are you guys saying that we underage people don't already drink? It wouldn't change anything, we're still gonna drink whether it's legal or illegal. Although I do agree, there's just some of us that shouldn't be able to drink, but some, I feel myself being one, can handle it and the responsibility that goes along with it.....besides, it's not like 21 is that big of a change from 18. Responsibility and age don't exactly go hand-in-hand with some people.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I think drinking age in the U.S. should stay at 21.... I'm 21 and where i live you can drink legally at 17(malta)... i think it wouldnt benefit anyone having a lower drinking age

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

no I don't need some retarded bad kid driver to slam into my car and possibly killing me while they're now on the road because it's legal to drink at 18

terrible idea because kids will drink it more and then be even more retarded

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

This is an age old debate that is always brought up and discussed time and time again. I believe most of those under 21 are going to be for it and everyone over 21 will be like ah no that is too dangerous. The problem with America today is that we are too ignorant of what goes on in the world around us and we are too self centered. I believe I bring a fairly unbiased opinion since I am 20 and just about to turn 21.

I go to a merchant marine academy currently and have already sailed around the world on a few ships. I've been to many places where the drinking age was only 18. And I have to say, all the 18-21 year olds there that were drinking at the bars with us guys were way mature and had a much better respect for alcohol. This was definitely the case in places like Australia and New Zealand that I visited. I believe this age works in countries like this because they are all brought up with a drinking age of 18. This rules out a lot of the younger teens who are beginning to want to drink and socialize. In turn, what this does, is greatly reduces the amount of people who have to drink illegally. I dont think there are as many 17 and younger kids who want to drink. So this basically reduces the amount of illegal drinking. And illegal drinking often gets more out of hand than legal drinking. If you know what I mean hahaha.

With this all being said though, I don't think we could lower the age in America with the current views of alcohols from minors. Things would get too out of hand. We have to be slowly brought into it over a long period of time.

So yah in your debate I would definitely bring up the success of 18+ drinking ages in other countries.

The drinking culture is completely different in other countries, when I went to Greece this summer I went out with some of my friends from there. When we went out they had 2 maybe 3 drinks and that was it. They don't view the whole experience as 'we need to get drunk to have fun' which is the norm here for people my age. People are also exposed to alcohol at a much younger age there, it's not out of the ordinary for a parent to give their kid a glass of beer when they're 15. Then again the entire lifestyle over there is different, so for them it works.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived