Why do a car mount? Keep that shit on your body bro its a much better idea in my opinion

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Looks pretty neat, wish they made one for the 22.

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

Why do a car mount? Keep that shit on your body bro its a much better idea in my opinion

It will go back on me whenever I get out of the truck. Much easier to access while in the vehicle if it is in a holster mounted right next to my right leg instead of on my back. This way if I need it for some reason, I dont have to go through all of the steps to get to it if it is on my body while I am sitting in my seat. I know you have been sitting at a light or stop sign in a bad neighborhood before and are sitting there thinking about how you are going to get to your gun if you need it. Just easier to me for it to me within reach while I am driving.

It will go back on me whenever I get out of the truck. Much easier to access while in the vehicle if it is in a holster mounted right next to my right leg instead of on my back. This way if I need it for some reason, I dont have to go through all of the steps to get to it if it is on my body while I am sitting in my seat. I know you have been sitting at a light or stop sign in a bad neighborhood before and are sitting there thinking about how you are going to get to your gun if you need it. Just easier to me for it to me within reach while I am driving.

I know what you mean... My instructor makes us practice drawing our weapon while seated and buckled its no easy task but the more I practice the more proficient i am getting with it

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

I will agree with that... I guess my thing is I dont like riding without my gun being on my person... I have always had it tucked away in an OWB or IWB setup so when I DONT have it attached me to I feel weird and it would take a whole extra level of training and familiarization to get comfortable with a vehicle mounted holster... :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

A vehicle holster is nice for long trips, but like you guys mentioned there are a few factors you have to account for when using that type of system.

1. Will the holster be for your primary carry?

2. If not, how will the secondary be secured?

3. Where will the holster be mounted?

4. How will the holster be mounted?

5 What material will the holster be made of?

1. If you're going to use your primary, keep in mind that you'll have to draw/holster every time you exit/enter the vehicle and as you guys already stated how cumbersome that task is inside the vehicle. You also have to be mindful that other people may happen to see you move the weapon from holster to holster, which isn't an issue if you're open carrying but it defeats the purpose of concealed carry. Just imagine the Grand Master Dragon (or equivalent) of the Handgun-Free America, Brady Campaign or Womens International League for Peace and Freedom see you strap up in the Walmart parking lot.

2. This will effect #3 also. There are vehicle specific glove compartment/center console/under seat safes out there that add an extra layer of denial to the weapon but that's like putting peel and seal on top of Alpha Damp. We all know if someone wants your vehicle they're gonna take it and if you had a pistol inside the "bad day" feeling just turned into the "I just found out I have AIDS and got a flu shot yesterday" feeling.

3. If you go with one of the car safes stated above you're limited to where you store it and the impeded access. The flip side to that is the visibility of the weapon when it's holstered or the empty holster itself. Also, if the set up can be seen with you in or out of the car. Your order will never be messed up again at the McDonalds drive thru but it might make the next time you get pulled over a little interesting.

4. Rock solid mounting would take some effort on the plastic panels in the vehicle to support the weight of a loaded full size pistol that will be exposed to jolts from potholes, speed bumps, gravel roads and the vibrations associated with being a member of SMD. Also being mindful of any wiring that may be behind those panels.

5. Leather or Plastic? Your geographical location and the elements the holster will be exposed to will determine that.

Sorry for my rant, but this thread just popped up at the perfect time, I was thinking about all this stuff earlier when I was brainstorming a vehicle holster design.

A vehicle holster is nice for long trips, but like you guys mentioned there are a few factors you have to account for when using that type of system.

1. Will the holster be for your primary carry?

2. If not, how will the secondary be secured?

3. Where will the holster be mounted?

4. How will the holster be mounted?

5 What material will the holster be made of?

1. If you're going to use your primary, keep in mind that you'll have to draw/holster every time you exit/enter the vehicle and as you guys already stated how cumbersome that task is inside the vehicle. You also have to be mindful that other people may happen to see you move the weapon from holster to holster, which isn't an issue if you're open carrying but it defeats the purpose of concealed carry. Just imagine the Grand Master Dragon (or equivalent) of the Handgun-Free America, Brady Campaign or Womens International League for Peace and Freedom see you strap up in the Walmart parking lot.

Would only use vehicle holster if I am going to be in the car for an extended period of time. Quick trip to the gas station it wouldnt be needed and would stay on my body. I also have 5% tint on my truck, you cant see shit, no worry about anyone seeing what I am doing. Even if they do, where I line no one would care, I can guarantee I wouldnt be the only one carrying. And if they do care, I dont. I am within my legal rights to carry concealed and they can fuck off.

2. This will effect #3 also. There are vehicle specific glove compartment/center console/under seat safes out there that add an extra layer of denial to the weapon but that's like putting peel and seal on top of Alpha Damp. We all know if someone wants your vehicle they're gonna take it and if you had a pistol inside the "bad day" feeling just turned into the "I just found out I have AIDS and got a flu shot yesterday" feeling.

Weapon would not stay in the vehicle when I am not.

3. If you go with one of the car safes stated above you're limited to where you store it and the impeded access. The flip side to that is the visibility of the weapon when it's holstered or the empty holster itself. Also, if the set up can be seen with you in or out of the car. Your order will never be messed up again at the McDonalds drive thru but it might make the next time you get pulled over a little interesting.

I am within my rights as a concealed carry permit holder to have a visible weapon holstered in my vehicle. Mcdonalds better not fuck up! And if you get pulled over, it isnt that hard to take the gun and put it back on your person. I have been pulled over while carrying. Very simple process. Before you say anything else, have your hands visible on the steering wheel and inform the officer that you have a concealed carry permit and tell him exactly where the weapon is and let him tell you what to do. Hand him your license and carry permit and you are good to go. But always let him know you have it and let him feel in control of the situation.

4. Rock solid mounting would take some effort on the plastic panels in the vehicle to support the weight of a loaded full size pistol that will be exposed to jolts from potholes, speed bumps, gravel roads and the vibrations associated with being a member of SMD. Also being mindful of any wiring that may be behind those panels.

Again this is just my case, but this is going to be mounted on a custom built center console. Will be very rigid and give me a perfect mounting location.

5. Leather or Plastic? Your geographical location and the elements the holster will be exposed to will determine that.

Leather. Cows are water proof arent they!

Sorry for my rant, but this thread just popped up at the perfect time, I was thinking about all this stuff earlier when I was brainstorming a vehicle holster design.

Responses are above in Red.

for what kind of gun? im at work so any thing with the word gun my computer blocks ?

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18