NOR CAL COMPETITORS!!!!!!! (2013 update page 6)

I decided to post in here to clear the air and vent as I did not want to get into this on Facebook.

So as I finished our show today I was shocked to see the posts I did on Facebook. As much as I know the intentions was good the over all conversation did nothing but, hurt the hobby, our competitor base and me.

First, as to the reasons why CA MECA state finals was held the day after the Lake County show was completely out of my hands. Redding was too far (for some). So to compromise San Luis Obispo was chosen and a special date accommodation was made for CA MECA to finish since next weekend is MECA national Finals. Second, why is this show criticized for accommodating its competitors when the whole drive behind West Coast Finale was to show that the "West Coast" deserves a location and that Wayne is unaccommodating. Yet, we accommodate for our MECA competitor and our now being criticized for it?

Now don't get it twisted as to down play Upper Lake or LCCA at all. I supported that show from day one cancelled the Best of Cali idea and encouraged competitors to attend. Ask Justin Nickelson and Scott Lankes. Futhermore, THANK YOU JIM JEAN AND THE CREW AT LCCA FOR THROWING AN AWESOME SHOW AS ALWAYS WISH i COULD OF BEEN THERE!!! Lets face it without an awesome competitor and shop like Jim Jean's supporting the competitors out here a lot of competitors would not know what a big show is. Now, I hope the competitor's can appreciate the effort we have done to try to keep the sport alive out here and I wish we had ten shops like LCCA that would be willing to bank roll a 3x event with trophies. I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS APPRECIATE THAT!!!! I know I do.

Here is some more issues:

Now West Coast Finale could of been a location for a satellite event for World Finals in conjunction with Indianapolis this weekend. Unfortunately, between Wayne, Doug and Jim this was not communicated correctly before Wayne left to Europe. By the time Wayne returned Jim launched his campaign for his show already. I believe Jim did the right decision and doing his own venue as a satellite location would not come with 8 foot trophies. Wayne did issue an email about a West Coast location and it was withdrawn quickly in which I called Wayne for confirmation.

Secondly, teambassick.com is recognized by DBDRA, IASCA and MECA as Northern California's sanctioned event promoters. So any questioning of promoters for the above org.s in this region is basically directing it at us. It is hard as hell to please everyone but, the thought behind doing multi-orgs was to help grow our competitors as well as make them more well rounded competitors. IT IS NOT TO MAKE MORE MONEY. The 2x event in San Jose and 3X in Redding put us way in the Red and we will never host another multi-org multi-point event again out of pocket.

I know I opened a can of worm's with this but, as the original intention of what I saw on Facebook was to move forward and not a direct attack, so is this. For those of you that attended our shows we have done some deals of buy 2 get 1 free and so forth to move the sport forward. Also discounts for being Org. members. Both of which are to promote the other Org's as well as to put the West Coast on the map. The more members we have out here the better the West Coast competitor base will be recognized. When DBDRA, IASCA or MECA looks at the list of members and see that majority of them are back East they are not going to take a second look at the ones who are not members, even if they are putting up big numbers and attending shows. It's like joining a gym, you can pay your daily rate and workout all you want but, if there is a deal or something going on only the members of the gym hear about it.

I am tired and all this typing has lasted over an hour and half of reading and re-reading. Just after a long day and season to read that really put a rain cloud in what has been over all a beautiful sunny year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welp kimo i did post on facebook sorry couldnt help it and what i said was basically the same so i will copy it here to

as you can see we feel the same way

smh i really tried hard not to post here after reading this but i can't i will not respond in classic alpine fashion tho before posting things like this please have all the facts before talking down on another org please. me nor kimo had any control over meca state finals location and date kimo even fought hard to have it change cause we knew about jims show. the people in control of the venue did not.. i was even asked why the turn out was so low on the meca side and i had to explain that there was another big show the day before way up north that was higher in cost and having meca on the next day way down south (south for us) ultimately made a lot of people chose what was more important for them db drag and 8 foot trophy and have one hell of a finals or a meca state title i know you guys are really exited about your db drag show the turn out and the tropys but these kind of post do not help the sport in any way shape or form it hurts it.... and really this sport in a whole all orgs need as much help now more than ever that it can get to stay alive.. now in cali haveing multiple orgs and judges there are gonna be schedules that conflict we can't make everyone happy but damn it we try and reading stuff like this does feel like a smack in the face for are efforts and trying to keep the sport alive with more affordable show for you... also kimo did have plans to try and bring some sort of finally for the west coast but then jim announced his show throwing a wrench in our plans BUT we knew jim could do it bigger and better than us so kimo stoped his plans and supported jim's show then to come here and see the lack of support for us and what we are doing from people we consider friends hurts.......

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

If I may chime in here, not being in Cali... do have something to say. Why people talking down period? That's like saying the NBA or NFL or whatever pro league sucks because they have multiple games at the same time. It's not about talking down to others, it's about growing the sport/hobby. Would you like it if the NFL played 1 game at a time and had no interlapping games? They had to wait until the current game was completely finished and the players were at home, able to watch the next game?

All in all, it doesn't matter (or shouldn't) if 300 competitions are going on around Nor/socal at the same time. It's a way to increase the hobby, get more involved. Plus, as Kimo said, it was chosen for this weekend for a reason that was sort've miscommunicated due to personal things (vacation and such).

So if you couldn't attend, well, that does suck as I know many love to compete and go to every show possible. But, don't be mad that you couldn't. It's just a growing hobby/sport/competition.

Sheena = pedobear

shit i wish we could grow more i would like to satalite in and not have to take my shit across country to do finals we all should be trying to get more people involved the sport is taking a decrease in numbers and we need to build shit i dont wanna win cause no one is in the class but because i was better than the next guy sorry you guys have to deal with that shit the trophys were nice this time by the way

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

I agree with Kimo,Alpine,and Tank's opinion's.First off,nothing in this world is free.Second,life ain't fair.And third,appreciate what you do have not what you don't.We could not have these show's without people like Kimo and Alpine,and all the other shop owner's ,and people putting these event's on.I know we all get upset at time's,but imagine not having MECA,DB Drag,or any other orgs. It's still sad to see that in this unperfect world,we still can't get along.I'm thankfull to Kimo,and all the other guy's who do this for us,thank's guy's.

shit i wish we could grow more i would like to satalite in and not have to take my shit across country to do finals we all should be trying to get more people involved the sport is taking a decrease in numbers and we need to build shit i dont wanna win cause no one is in the class but because i was better than the next guy sorry you guys have to deal with that shit the trophys were nice this time by the way

Would have to agree with scott. I dont know what was discussed on fb but i think we should consider multiple (at least two) MECA world finals to cover the different regions of to draw more cometitors.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db