Display goes out

You can get a DVI -> HDMI adapter or a DVI -> HDMI cable for real cheap. They're both digital connectors and are pin-compatible so there's no conversion or loss of video quality.

I second this suggestion. A digital signal into your monitor is clearer than VGA's analog signal.

But in this case I have to doubt that it's the cable. Typically when a VGA cable fails you see flickering of one or more colors and distortion in the signal, not total signal loss after working fine.

It could be a problem with the display, but it is more likely the computer's graphics card.

not true Ive had VGA cables just go out also.... not a symptom before just boom gone

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I like the dvi-hdmi suggestion. I would like to have the best quality picture on my monitor er...tv rather. It's full 1080i so why not go with a set up that gets me closer to that.

What card and drivers are you running? I'm running a GTX570 and nVidia's WHQL official 306.23 drivers were giving me issues so I had to roll back to the 306.02 beta drivers...

New drivers aren't always the best thing. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

my comp is all stock from the manufacturer. its running a amd a6-3620 processor with an intergrated amd radeon hd 6530d gfx. i have wanted to upgrade, but the funds aren't there.

I personally think it's what Roscoe said. Get new cables. I mean if that doesn't fix it, return the cables. Whatever. Lol. But if it's fine then suddenly starts doing that bs, I'd think cables.

If you do get new cables and still happens, like I said, return them. But then it's onto something more serious. Problems with the video card or problems with the monitor? As to which, I am sure there's a way you could get your hands on a monitor without buying one. somehow... some way... I'm sure there is. Then if new monitor works, you know it's the monitor. If it happens with that monitor as well, then it's the video card.

Sheena = pedobear

Then seems like cables or video card. If somehow both are fine... then I'd have to say somehow, motherboard. But not sure how a motherboard really would cause that, unless the port is screwing up.

And could be the monitor input. Like I've had it before where the TV works fine for cable but it's messed up for whatever you plug in a certain input. So although it works for blu-ray, could be the VGA input on the monitor. Something inside isn't soldered right or came loose or something. Rare, but does happen.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived