Second Skin Audio

ss xxx 18 help for 150db

Nao

MY wife has a sunfire and she can do 150+ out of the trunk with 1 dc xl 18'' and a 5k goliath ... 2 batts 200 amp alt... tuned @ 38hz and with 2 5k amps 153+ and was easy to do... all done in 2hours..

You built a box, installed and alternator, ran 1/0, hooked up batteries, and put it on the meter in 2 hours? Were you on meth?

Did you go to any competitions that you can post results or have any pictures/videos of the build?

she has pic and yes she is on termpro..

lol no ,2 hours amp in box built in and testing 150db @44hz

No warranty

95 civic

air-ride RE-5 slam specialties

4-18's Dc xlm2's tuned 35hz

2-1100.1's @ .35 each

2-SD 250.2 nano amps

3-deka 9a31 1-deka 35ah

2-250 amp alts/ Adjustable regulator

159 sealed @ dash 51hz

Yea walls are for over 160

You can get to 150 without a wall. With that much power, you should be able to do it out of a trunk too. Its all in the box though!!

glad to know that everyone who isnt doing a 160 with a wall is a fail.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yea walls are for over 160

You can get to 150 without a wall. With that much power, you should be able to do it out of a trunk too. Its all in the box though!!

glad to know that everyone who isnt doing a 160 with a wall is a fail.

Yea, 160 probably was not the correct number to use, sorry. The point I was trying to make was this.

The OP sounds very dedicated and ready to try and achieve the goal of a 150+ system. Although I doubt he will be able to achieve this goal in lets say 2 hours lol, it is entirely possible he can get to 150 without building a wall, it will just take some trial and error. With the quality of subs and amps available today, I just didn't want him to think that a wall would be the only path to 150. If this is his first attempt at a really loud system, I don't think he should start with a wall either.

Out of curiosity, where would you draw the line on when it would be needed to do a wall? I know it depends on frequency and vehicle a great deal.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

@SCS_Audio

i guess I should have made this point clear. it has already been discussed on this forum in numerous threads that 150 is a difficult number to achieve out of a trunk.

For me as a lot of people on here know, I like to do it daily. I don't like "burp" boxes and it defeats the purpose in my opinion of having subs. now i don't want to knock the burpers on here cause they put in countless hours of testing, and tuning and building to get thier cars where they are. I have respect for them. But it sounds like the OP wants a daily 150. he does not state he wants to burp. so off of that info in my opinion that is gunna take power. Im not saying its impossible to hit a 150 with 2k out of a trunk but to do it daily you need power. how bout a 150 at 35hz? i dont see that happening on 2k rms.

And dont get me started on OFC vs CCA ahah. you can find numerous threads with my opinion on that. I think the only way to go from tests with my car is to use OFC wiring. But CCA is not far behind. but you are yet again talking to a daily pounder and not a one trick show.

but i have done personal tests just none that I have published via video. but I have done plenty of research and I still choose OFC. As far as a 150 out of a trunk with an 18, goodluck OP. You have a long road ahead, you cant jsut wish for it.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

150 in two hours lol thats a good one that made my day i needed that and no i don't want a burp box i wanna be able to hit it daily if i want to not that i well everyday but hey i want to but loud and have that wow factor in my systems sound and appearance i know this is gonna take time and time is what i have but im coming to you guys first so mayb i could rule out some things thats a waste of time thats why im asking for suggestions and different options

150 in two hours lol thats a good one that made my day i needed that and no i don't want a burp box i wanna be able to hit it daily if i want to not that i well everyday but hey i want to but loud and have that wow factor in my systems sound and appearance i know this is gonna take time and time is what i have but im coming to you guys first so mayb i could rule out some things thats a waste of time thats why im asking for suggestions and different options

if you want daily, and you just want it to be impressive, the BC5500 should do it. build it and see if you like it. personally the biggest id put in a trunk is a 15 if that fits.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

car363_zpsa590dac3.jpg

And with 2 12'' she was doing 146+ with a dc 2k..

Looks like a pretty small box whats the size of this 2 hour 150 db box and i'd love to see proof don't be all bark no bite

if you want daily, and you just want it to be impressive, the BC5500 should do it. build it and see if you like it. personally the biggest id put in a trunk is a 15 if that fits.

i had 10's 12's a 15 but never a 18 i when i heard it i love how it sound and performed now i am aware the way i heard it and saw it isn't necessarily the way mine will sound and perform but im willing to work and tweak with it until i get it right....Why not a 18?

i had 10's 12's a 15 but never a 18 i when i heard it i love how it sound and performed now i am aware the way i heard it and saw it isn't necessarily the way mine will sound and perform but im willing to work and tweak with it until i get it right....Why not a 18?

What is your trunk opening size? Behind the rear seat. You would need at least 20 inches high to get that 18 to fit in a seal off.

I was also wondering how you could fit an 18.....just figured you had a big trunk opening lol.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

What is your trunk opening size? Behind the rear seat. You would need at least 20 inches high to get that 18 to fit in a seal off.

I was also wondering how you could fit an 18.....just figured you had a big trunk opening lol.

I plan on building the box in the trunk and i dont mind cutting and fabricating from the rear seats go back but i'll make it work i have too lol

Archived