Second Skin Audio

$2,000 sub???

revoracing247

Please, can everyone stop bitching about how it is overpriced. I don't get why it is such a big deal, not like I hear people everyday complaining about how much a lambo costs, or Gucci or Louie V. There high class stuff that's expensive for anything, get over it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Only a few are complaining Rootxbeer, but what you said is true.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I know, but they keep complaining even after told a true legit answer to their question of why is it so expensive.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I think some of you are kind of exaggerating the price. Yeah it's a lot but it doesn't mean you have to wipe your ass with gold to afford it. Some people buy jetskis or atvs to ride as a hobby. Those can sure cost more than 2k especially with gas. Think of it like that and $2k seems relatively cheap.

Since you go to American Jewelry and Loan, I'm sure you can attest to this... the value is up to the user. There are comics out there that cost 15 cents back in the day that are worth thousands. See people come into the pawn shop saying it's selling for so much on Ebay and they give them like 1/3 of that haha. Some people would pay $1 million for some things, meanwhile others would pay $10 max.

So as far as this sub being 2 grand... first, you obviously have to have the money. But, depends on the user. If you don't care about SQ, you want loud for cheap, etc etc... of course you won't get that. There are much better choices when comparing loudness and money. Others who want the absolute finest SQ, would probably pay more than 2 grand.

Just like the Bugatti. Who the hell would pay $1-2 million for a car? One that has no a/c or cup holders? One that can empty it's gas tank in I think it was roughly 24 minutes? Well, first you have to have the money, then you'd have to like that car and such. For your common guy? Take about a million combined to buy it. Lol. About 2 million more to maintain and fuel it.

Where did you read that the Bugatti has no A/C? Because I have never read anywhere that it doesn't? As for cup holders the reason it doesn't have those is because I wouldn't want a bitch getting into my 2 million dollar car and spilling something. NO FOOD, NO DRINKS, SHOES in a plastic bag put on these sterile booties.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

btw does anyone know is the sub is specific for car audio? or is more for home audio?

with it being so special for SQ i would think there would be some differences between the two.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Well, that was my "second thought" about Focal. I had some Utopia mids and those were corroding after a good year in my doors. I am suspecting they were made for home specific use, but I heard some install's where they sounded good. A lot of research went into this product. They were invented some 10 years ago and were a complete new look at how a speaker should be built like.

It didn't buy Focal for home hifi as I had listened to many speakers and other speakers won my heart. Oh yeah, and the GRAND Utopia's are top of the range, correct, but you'll almost need an opera room for them to have enough breathing room, so the speaker alone won't be the problem in my case :pardon:

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Archived