Second Skin Audio

Where are the best places to experiment with 45 degree corners, what sizes should i start with?

AllanLuberda

I think the corner that the port fires on is a good spot to start?

How much can people gain by adding them

Its not like it is going to be ten times louder or anything but here's the thing. Adding a 45 is soooooo easy you would be silly not to add it. It is so disheartening to see people rush through box builds trying to skip steps. Take your time and add those 45's! If not everywhere within the box at the very least you should have them up the port. Or even better KERF the port. (Check my sig)

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

and whats your logic behind adding 45s "Everywhere" as you state? Id love to hear it. I do know that alot of people have seen no gain or a loss from 45s.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

and whats your logic behind adding 45s "Everywhere" as you state? Id love to hear it. I do know that alot of people have seen no gain or a loss from 45s.

By "everywhere" I mean the four corners of the enclosure when viewed from above. My logic behind adding them is just like you stated, no "loss". So for something thats so easy, can use scrap wood, and gains you strength in the enclosure (no arguing that) and has a potential gain of smoother air flow within the port, what would be the argument for not doing it?

-Mark

Forum.png

so explain how you're gaining any strenght by adding them to the strongest part of the box? And did you miss the part where I said many people saw no gain OR a loss? I mean I guess that would probably be my argument for not doing it at all. All a 45 is doing is creating 2 angles instead of one taking up enclosure volume since most people dont know how to calculate for it and further complicating the build process. but whta do I know. Im not the guy on youtube trying to show people how to install. Im just some random guy whos been a part of this hobby for going on 17 years or so now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

so explain how you're gaining any strenght by adding them to the strongest part of the box? And did you miss the part where I said many people saw no gain OR a loss? I mean I guess that would probably be my argument for not doing it at all. All a 45 is doing is creating 2 angles instead of one taking up enclosure volume since most people dont know how to calculate for it and further complicating the build process. but whta do I know. Im not the guy on youtube trying to show people how to install. Im just some random guy whos been a part of this hobby for going on 17 years or so now.

Ahh, I read it as no gain OR loss. Missed that "a". I dont think it is that hard to account for though as you can view it as a cube volume then simply divide by two. Well I guess this argument shows its a preference thing. I will continue to do it, but to each his own!

And jeez man I wasn't trying to insult your knowledge! Sorry that it came across that way! Just trying to share what I have learned with the masses!

-Mark

Forum.png

Archived