Second Skin Audio

Box building material question for 2 18s

I'm running a level 5 15" (m1) on 3kw, I'm running a 3.75-4ft3 box with external aero ports. It's 3/4 mdf all of the way around with a double baffle for the top (2x 3/4"). I have no issues with it. It has liquid nails on everything except for the double baffle/top (the top needs to be removable so that I can get the sub out easily, well as easily as one can remove an 80lb sub lol). I have also done short strand (would do long strand if I did it over again) curves in all for corners (similar to 45's) and all 4 bottom corners, and glass resin'd the inside and outside of the box, although it held together fine before any of this was done).

Assuming Maple plywood is at least as strong as mdf, I'd say you won't have an issue. I'd recommend doing some bracing though. either 45s or a threaded rod at the weakest point. (reason I haven't done a threaded rod is there is that there is no room for me to put one that would be of any value structurally speaking as my lvl 5 blocks those places).

Im using 3/4" mdf, double front baffle, 2 layers of chop mat in each seam on the inside with around 2 gallons of resin and a bunch of 3/4" threaded rod for bracing

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived