Second Skin Audio

150db 2x 12" Mofo 6th order blow through HAIRTRICK video!!!

Figured I'd share my small test build in my new audio vehicle. 350 Chevy swapped 96 hard body I picked up a couple weeks ago. Has dual 320 amp singer alternators (only one wired up at the moment), 2 nsb170s for now. Truck had a 4th order blow through when I bought it but I ripped everything but the sides and bottom out and rebuilt as a series tuned 6th order for 2x 12" power acoustiks mofos on a shark 3500 that I picked up stupid cheap just to play with till I tear down this winter and go full walk through parallel 6th with 2x lvl 6 18s and a warhorse.

Anyway, finally got some preliminary numbers and I'm fairly happy with them. Goal is a 150 sealed, good response between 25 and 50hz and hair tricks, almost achieved both right away. It does hair tricks already, satisfactory response and while I'm a few dB off of a 150 sealed I got a 150.2 at 37hz with the driver door open at the dash, running (clamp was hooked up wrong on this run so wattage is incorrect)

Did some more baseline tests today and managed a 148.3 at 29hz! Door open truck running. Did a small test last night and it did a decent hair trick. I am going to try it again tomorrow and I'll post a video.

Pictures will be added shortly.

The engine:

20160820_191015_zpslfjzbw8y.jpg

The blow through (I don't usually use 2x4s or build this way but this was using scrap wood, wood that came with it and I did it in my garage instead of at my shop so circular saw, ect.)

20160816_235919_zpskpp7kyxc.jpg

20160823_172456_zpsdxogzxfv.jpg

Rear view, truck looks hilarious:

FB_IMG_1472219988793_zpskkupjwxe.jpg

The ports:

FB_IMG_1472220000548_zpsyblnefz9.jpg

The shitty small amps (wanted something I could clamp for this and wouldn't require me to finish installing my electrical before running like my warhorse lol):

FB_IMG_1472219994796_zpsituw8pj6.jpg

Door open at the dash, truck running (wattage incorrect for this run, was actually around 2000wrms):

20160825_213559_zpssuncs9rw.jpg

One from tonight...everything 30hz and above was between 1800 and 2100, so this is the most powerful I've seen outta the amp:

20160826_234909_zpsrwrxi4pj.jpg

Going to start changing things over the next week and see what I can get outta these little subs lol

Damn. has to be one of the craziest most efficient setups I've seen.
Nice work

Damn. has to be one of the craziest most efficient setups I've seen.

Nice work

Thanks! Can't wait for winter to see what this thing will do on the big build...I have 3 banks of the new xs power caps, 2 nsb170s, 2 stinger group 31s as well as the 2 320amp singers, goal is to be able to demo non stop. Just need to buy the level 6s, already have everything else.

Definitely different

My builds tend to be a bit different lol.

LMAO, cant say it's pretty

Lmfao, it will be better when I do the big build. And I initially was going to plastidip the truck but after I bought it i realized how hilarious it is with the loud loppey idle coming from it...and it has a sunfaded red cap for the back.

Burnout video I did after I ripped the guts outhe of the box before rebuilding it, make sure you have the sound turned up lol:

https://youtu.be/o8iF3lt2jh0

Planning on putting in a 3000rpm stall this winter too, with the aggressive cam and stock torque converter it's poochy till the power comes on at around 2800rpm (hence the slow start of the burnout lol)

LMAO, cant say it's pretty

Lmfao, it will be better when I do the big build. And I initially was going to plastidip the truck but after I bought it i realized how hilarious it is with the loud loppey idle coming from it...and it has a sunfaded red cap for the back.

Burnout video I did after I ripped the guts outhe of the box before rebuilding it, make sure you have the sound turned up lol:

Planning on putting in a 3000rpm stall this winter too, with the aggressive cam and stock torque converter it's poochy till the power comes on at around 2800rpm (hence the slow start of the burnout lol)

nice.

I like your dedication. It's not always the prettiest that wins. And the truck seems to be really strong

nice.

I like your dedication. It's not always the prettiest that wins. And the truck seems to be really strong

Thanks! I see you have a blowthrough too, nice numbers! And I also see you have a z build too! My daily is a 2015 370z, I have a small build in it, 2 dc audio m3 8s on a dc 1.2k, image dynamics and cdt mids and highs and a pioneer 4100nex.

nice.

Thanks! I see you have a blowthrough too, nice numbers! And I also see you have a z build too! My daily is a 2015 370z, I have a small build in it, 2 dc audio m3 8s on a dc 1.2k, image dynamics and cdt mids and highs and a pioneer 4100nex.

My Z is supposed to get an audio upgrade this fall. may not happen again.

2 m3 8's have been thought about. I like your choices in the 370Z. you should do a separate build log to post pics in

Archived