cjdavis618 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Police are peace officers. Pulling people over for window tint has nothing to do with keeping the peace. As for the laws, we all have the power to get them changed if we try to do so. if you don't like a law, start the steps of getting it changed at a local or state level. Those laws preempt federal in most cases where states have preemption amendments in the state constitution. As for rights and officer safety. I'm surprised we are not all living in (Un-tinted) glass houses yet. On that same note, people that believe window tint could cause a shooting to happen probably also believe that the gun is the problem and not the person holding it. The semantics of safety depend on whether you are the victim or the aggressor. Law enforcement are trained to be the aggressor in possibly violent situations. Further more, when your day to day duty is dealing with violence, there is not much left of the peace officer at the end of the day, but more of the aggressor. This is not opinion, This is psychological fact. Citizens have equal rights. Some choose to give them up all to easily. You that couldn't care less about that dishonor us all. You take freedom that was given and of which people have fought and died for and throw it away like dirty laundry. Unless you have lost loved ones, or been to another country where there are no real "Rights" I don't expect you to understand. Window tint is not even footnote in the loss of privacy. As a person in the IT industry, if you only knew what was saved and recorded about you... For reference, the Law enforcement oath (For any that may have forgotten) On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community and the agency I serve. My chariot- 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400 Factory highs - for now Amps - Kicker ZX750.1 Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now) Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port) More to come soon..
LT.Smoke Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Police are peace officers. Pulling people over for window tint has nothing to do with keeping the peace. As for the laws, we all have the power to get them changed if we try to do so. if you don't like a law, start the steps of getting it changed at a local or state level. Those laws preempt federal in most cases where states have preemption amendments in the state constitution. As for rights and officer safety. I'm surprised we are not all living in (Un-tinted) glass houses yet. On that same note, people that believe window tint could cause a shooting to happen probably also believe that the gun is the problem and not the person holding it. The semantics of safety depend on whether you are the victim or the aggressor. Law enforcement are trained to be the aggressor in possibly violent situations. Further more, when your day to day duty is dealing with violence, there is not much left of the peace officer at the end of the day, but more of the aggressor. This is not opinion, This is psychological fact. Citizens have equal rights. Some choose to give them up all to easily. You that couldn't care less about that dishonor us all. You take freedom that was given and of which people have fought and died for and throw it away like dirty laundry. Unless you have lost loved ones, or been to another country where there are no real "Rights" I don't expect you to understand. Window tint is not even footnote in the loss of privacy. As a person in the IT industry, if you only knew what was saved and recorded about you... For reference, the Law enforcement oath (For any that may have forgotten) On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community and the agency I serve. Im pretty sure NO ONE here thinks that just having Tinted windows causes shootings BUT when officers make traffic stops on vehicles they cant see the occupants in they are at a HUGE disadvantage and if the so called dipshit in the car wants to unload on the cop he wont have a chance to be proactive he can only be reactive and alot of times that means the officer gets seriously wounded/killed because some jackass didnt want a 50-100 violation.... I wish that we were aloud to have darker tint and not have problems where I live but I understand why they have the laws they do to protect the officers... If i get illegal tint on my car and get stopped then I take the ticket and keep on moving because i knew it was illegal before hand Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
KillaCam Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Police are there to enforce the law. Dark window tint is illegal. Pulling people over for it has everything to do with their job. No the tint won't cause a shooting but it gives the guy in the car a huge advantage if they were to shoot. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
8ight Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Safety is still no justification for any restrictive law. I'm gonna hate
LT.Smoke Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Safety is still no justification for any restrictive law. Im sorry but you're an ignorant sumbitch... I GUARANTEE if you faced some of the shit they do on a day to day basis or hell if you had a family member who was a cop that was shot and killed due to someone having blacked out tint on their car and didnt want a ticket. You would feel different Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
cjdavis618 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Im pretty sure NO ONE here thinks that just having Tinted windows causes shootings BUT when officers make traffic stops on vehicles they cant see the occupants in they are at a HUGE disadvantage and if the so called dipshit in the car wants to unload on the cop he wont have a chance to be proactive he can only be reactive and alot of times that means the officer gets seriously wounded/killed because some jackass didnt want a 50-100 violation.... I wish that we were aloud to have darker tint and not have problems where I live but I understand why they have the laws they do to protect the officers... If i get illegal tint on my car and get stopped then I take the ticket and keep on moving because i knew it was illegal before hand You are correct, the law is there to protect a few people that serve the public while limiting others ability to install aftermarket components in a privately owned vehicle. As this is not a constitutional right, it still can be challenged at the local level. Some 4th amendment case law may be applicable. Police are there to enforce the law. Dark window tint is illegal. Pulling people over for it has everything to do with their job. No the tint won't cause a shooting but it gives the guy in the car a huge advantage if they were to shoot. Police are there to enforce law obviously. And in some places dark window tint is illegal. My point is that these laws do not come from the NTSB or any automotive safety association. The point is just to call it what is is. A safety law for public servants. And to bring up the point that laws for a few diminish privilege for others. Regarding Advantages- 90% of the officers I see today in my state with the exception of newly minted State Troopers are wearing paramilitary uniforms and plated or Kevlar vests. Commonly known as Bullet Proof around the torso area. This "advantage" is something that the driver wouldn't have. Furthermore, as an officer walking up on a car with tinted windows, isn't the officer already in a draw stance as he is walking up to the vehicle? Hand on weapon and on a razors edge ready to pull? Do you think this may add to motivation on the driver to protect himself? I see this during traffic stops even when the windows are clearly down and no tint is involved. My point here is that Action=Reaction. Fight or flight mentality is human instinct. Doesn't make it right or civilized. But in any case this has happened, the shooter was threatened and responded. My chariot- 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400 Factory highs - for now Amps - Kicker ZX750.1 Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now) Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port) More to come soon..
LT.Smoke Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Im pretty sure NO ONE here thinks that just having Tinted windows causes shootings BUT when officers make traffic stops on vehicles they cant see the occupants in they are at a HUGE disadvantage and if the so called dipshit in the car wants to unload on the cop he wont have a chance to be proactive he can only be reactive and alot of times that means the officer gets seriously wounded/killed because some jackass didnt want a 50-100 violation.... I wish that we were aloud to have darker tint and not have problems where I live but I understand why they have the laws they do to protect the officers... If i get illegal tint on my car and get stopped then I take the ticket and keep on moving because i knew it was illegal before hand You are correct, the law is there to protect a few people that serve the public while limiting others ability to install aftermarket components in a privately owned vehicle. As this is not a constitutional right, it still can be challenged at the local level. Some 4th amendment case law may be applicable. Police are there to enforce the law. Dark window tint is illegal. Pulling people over for it has everything to do with their job. No the tint won't cause a shooting but it gives the guy in the car a huge advantage if they were to shoot. Police are there to enforce law obviously. And in some places dark window tint is illegal. My point is that these laws do not come from the NTSB or any automotive safety association. The point is just to call it what is is. A safety law for public servants. And to bring up the point that laws for a few diminish privilege for others. Regarding Advantages- 90% of the officers I see today in my state with the exception of newly minted State Troopers are wearing paramilitary uniforms and plated or Kevlar vests. Commonly known as Bullet Proof around the torso area. This "advantage" is something that the driver wouldn't have. Furthermore, as an officer walking up on a car with tinted windows, isn't the officer already in a draw stance as he is walking up to the vehicle? Hand on weapon and on a razors edge ready to pull? Do you think this may add to motivation on the driver to protect himself? I see this during traffic stops even when the windows are clearly down and no tint is involved. My point here is that Action=Reaction. Fight or flight mentality is human instinct. Doesn't make it right or civilized. But in any case this has happened, the shooter was threatened and responded. We can all agree to disagree on this issue forever lol... Do i wish it was legal for darker tint yes i do because it makes the environment inside a car cooler and more enjoyable but like i said at the same time I understand why these regulations were put into place and if i do something illegal and get popped for it then I deserved it... I think dark tint would be a non-issue if you didnt have ignorant ass people killing cops at a traffic stop over what would could have been a ticket or even a written warning etc... Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
cjdavis618 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 I totally agree. Personally I feel that the window tint law is a band aid approach to getting around solving other issues. Would you say that the shootings have gotten worse over the past few years or better? My chariot- 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400 Factory highs - for now Amps - Kicker ZX750.1 Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now) Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port) More to come soon..
SojiaRaggs9000 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 I like how no one has mentioned that in some states you can't "legally" get an inspection with 5% on the fronts 2 windows. I do vehicle inspections here at my Dealership.. Im sorry but if your tint is to dark I wont pass it. Now if your tint is like 20% ( passable is 25% ) I'll let it slide. But 5% is a no can do for me. Yeah I get bribed daily to just let it go and Im sure alot of people think I'm a dick because of it. IDGAF because for letting your little $14.50 inspection pass I could be fined $10,000 personaly in addition to $10,000 to the shop itself. I've yet to have anyone offer to pay me $20k. * Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver * One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator * KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold
cjdavis618 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 In your position, you are right to do so. You should also tell them that if they want it, work towards changing it so you can pass it. My chariot- 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400 Factory highs - for now Amps - Kicker ZX750.1 Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now) Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port) More to come soon..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.