After my monumental FAIL of trying to use foam to make my costume, I decided to research. And I was surprised to find I wasn't too far off the mark.. Apparently any 3D image can be used and scaled with pepakura files and used as an outline with EVA Foam and actually cut out the entire costume to be pieced together, sealed, primed, and PAINTED.

027hh.jpg

4697754863_14dfd3e5f3.jpg

013xc.jpg

Yep, all foam. I am looking for peps who can help instruct a noob into modifying, scaling, and using pepakuras so I can actually start designing some legit Gundam Mobile suits :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That is Bad ass plain and simple

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My jaw. It's on the floor.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

If I didn't throw all my shit away I'd take pics so you could see my failed attempts. I didn't know about pepakura prior to my attempt, and used some 1/2" foam purchased from Joann Fabrics. Sealed it, but even that took forever as the foam was simply way too porous. Primed, painted and the results were mediocre at best. The torso was pretty much done and I could live with it being my first attempt to making my own costume. The real issue arose when doing fine details, curves, arms, legs, and keeping it bendable, movable, and pretty was an issue. I had to scrap it all. Party is now about to start in 3 hours and now even with a better idea, impossible to get ready. Gay. My latex Batman cowl came out bad ass. Will post a pic from the lap in a couple minutes.

But the possibilities are endless here, and I want a Wing 0 suit for anyone familiar with Gundam Wing. But the details, performance, is ridiculous. I'll grab the video of the iron man guy breaking, lol.

Cast made, then plastered, liquid latex to create the cowl. I am hipster Batman in this pic, yeah you've probably never heard of him.

56188849193204750368381.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433hnynHTsA

Archived