Sundown Audio

Sundown 2012 Frames : Cone Samples

I curently have nsv2's with zv3 spiders ns cone, ns surround . Yueys old subs. What can you build for my nsv2s using this surround.Yuey told me to do nsv3 spiders, ns coils and i woud like this suround. What do ya think ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I curently have nsv2's with zv3 spiders ns cone, ns surround . Yueys old subs. What can you build for my nsv2s using this surround.Yuey told me to do nsv3 spiders, ns coils and i woud like this suround. What do ya think ?

Production quantity of these surrounds are still going to be into next year.

With that being said you would need a new 2012 Sundown frame to use these -- then you could use the NS v.2 coil and v.3 style spider along with it. On 15s the spider size will also jump up to a 10 1/8" diameter unit. You will be motor limited on throw at that point to about 45mm one-way.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

There will be several spiders to choose from on them -- the biggest landing on 15s and 18s is 10 1/8" -- the 15" frame (with vent spacer) / surround is designed around about 5" p-p excursion -- it will be a bit before motors and coils catch up to utilize all of that of course :)

We'll have X, Z, and NS v.3 spiders which are linear roll pressed packs of different thickness (3, 4, and 5 layer respectively) -- we've been using this style for some time and it's very reliable / supports quite a bit of throw. They will be the stock spider for these units at this time.

We are also tooling a spider very similar to the NS v.1 / v.2 style "stacking" spiders in the appropriate 8 3/8, 9 1/4, and 10 1/8" sizes for the top landing on each frame for custom built units for SPL -- these are progressive units.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Production quantity of these surrounds are still going to be into next year.

With that being said you would need a new 2012 Sundown frame to use these -- then you could use the NS v.2 coil and v.3 style spider along with it. On 15s the spider size will also jump up to a 10 1/8" diameter unit. You will be motor limited on throw at that point to about 45mm one-way.

Sweet! thanks for fast response. I probably will wait on reconing them and may even find a way i can use the current baskets i have. The new baskets aren't avaliable till next year i assume ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

In other news Sundown Audio constructs the first surrounds specifically designed for playing Bass I Love You

lol :twirl:

These fat surround is full of awsomeness! Are these the same material as the Zv3 Cones? If so, would they share the same thickness in surround and cone?

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db