Second Skin Audio

2 12s -- 4 cubes -- 4 inch aeros -- HELP

I'm trying to decide which installation option would be the loudest, keeping sq and balance in mind. I'm building a box for my two DAD KMH 12" woofers. 4 cu ft after all displacements, tuned to 32 hz. Going in the trunk of a 2004 Nissan Sentra se-r spec v. The only room I have to work with is 30" wide, 15" high, and depth is my variable. If I plan on porting the box with two 4" Precision Aero ports, how should i do it? There is no room to put the ports on the front baffle, so it's either the back of the box or one of the sides. I believe if i have the subs facing the trunk and the port on the driver's side, it would be louder on the passenger side. This isn't neccesarily what I want because it is a daily driver system. Should i port one of the sides or port the back of the box with the subs facing the cabin and the ports facing the trunk. (Porting through the rear deck is not an option.) If you have any experience with this please share.

i dont have experiance with it but i would think the ports in the back and subs facing forward would be best

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

I had a 2000 sentra se (b15 as well) and I tried running port and subs front firing as well as subs and port rear firing. Rear firing sounded the best. having the seats down helped a lot but iirc the spec v's dont have fold down seats.

If you are only going to run 2 4" ports, I would run one per side, but you need to make sure that they have at least 4+ inches between the port opening and any obstacle. Up-firing ports would be fine too, as long as you have enough room above the box that they will not be blocked.

Also, you should probably be running 4 4" aero ports, 2 is probably not going to be enough.

Personally I would run a slot port and shared chamber if you want to stick with the 4cube shared chamber design. port it to the rear with the subs facing the rear ( i know it can be done as that's how my 2 12s were). Run something around 50"sqin slot port in the center of the two subs, lenth to suit whatever tuning frequency you want.

My box was dual chambered, shared slot port for what it's worth. It was a bit on the small side but they pounded (earthquake dbxr 12s).

Well I messed around with Torres a TON trying to get a slot port tuned to 32 hz, but I just couldn't do it because the port area and port area per foot would never be correct. That's why I decided on the aeros, but if anyone can help with the design that would be great. I have the T/S parameters for the woofers, however I can't get winisd to work right.

Also:

35" width MAX

15" height MAX

Depth is the variable.

On rated power here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 4 ft^3

External Height = 15 in

External Width = 30 in

External Depth = 25.5 in

Port Width = 3 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 30 x 15

Left & Right Sides = 24 x 13 1/2

Top & Bottom = 30 x 24

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 20 1/4 x 13 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PFSFSingle.jpg

Just bear in mind you need to have the depth specified and there is a chance you will need to build inside the trunk, also there is no port "extension" in this case.

Archived