HELP, A/F ratio gauge shows very rich every time I accelerate

I recently bought an '03 350z with a Greddy twin turbo on it. I drove the car 7 hours home and for a couple days and everything was fine. The a/f ratio was always around 11 when I got on it. At WOT it would obviously go more rich but that's normal. Yesterday when driving the car to work, I noticed that every time I hit the gas at all, the gauge would jump to 8:1, which is the lowest that my gauge will display. It also shows 8.0 when I push in the clutch while driving. At idle, it is showing around 15, which is what it should be. So I have no idea what could be wrong or even what to check. All gauges are Greddy also.

Any help would be appreciated! This is my first turbo vehicle so I have a lot to learn. Thanks.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

maf going bad? or fuel pressure regulator could be too

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Let's hope that isn't the case. Any other possibilities?

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

Did you buy the car from an area with a much higher or lower elevation and or climate? Tuning fuel ratios is a real SOB and little things like that can affect them. If not i'd say that your pressure regulator/sensor is going bad. Only way to really tell is have a dyno tuner check it all out

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Did you buy the car from an area with a much higher or lower elevation and or climate? Tuning fuel ratios is a real SOB and little things like that can affect them. If not i'd say that your pressure regulator/sensor is going bad. Only way to really tell is have a dyno tuner check it all out

Well if the regulator was bad, wouldn't the car be running and idling rough? As far as elevation goes, I bought it in southern Kentucky so that's a possibility. It has also been in the 30's and low 40's the last couple days. But I didn't think temperature would affect it.

Could be the wideband itself malfunctioning. Is the car driving any different than when you first got it? Loss of power?

Ya I was wandering about that. The car seems to be driving fine. As far as power loss, I really can't tell. It has been way too wet outside to tell.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Call and ask the seller when the last time the O2 sensors were changed.

Well the guy who built the car is dead. I bought it off of his brother. So he couldn't say for sure. A buddy of mine thinks the O2 sensor is the cause of the problem also. But I'm going to be honest, I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to fuel systems so I just wanted to be sure.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

If you don't know...Take it to a shop.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

If you don't know...Take it to a shop.

Well I honestly don't trust any shops around here. The only shops we have are car lots and a few mechanics. No one that works with FI though. That's why I figured I would ask, as there are more experts on forums than there are locally.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Archived