Second Skin Audio

Audioque hdc4 18 enclosure help...

aqsmous

I will agree I'm new to box building but I can tell when my sub needs more power ... And op my sub isn't on 2k its only on a t1000bd ... It does alright but I can tell she wants more regardless of what brokesix up there feels about me or my opinion, but yea that amp should bump it purdy good but trust me you'll need more than rated for the hdcs lol , mines in a 6cube box with 97.5 square inches of port area tuned to 36hz and in a 92 civic hatchback ... It's not bad but I have been around audio long enough to know it has more in it I know it needs more power but I also think it needs a different box , I tried asking for help here but just because I don't really care if it blows up I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about lol .. but you should be happy with that amp and sub for awhile but it'll for sure want more juice

Brokesix... lol thats pretty funny kid.... I got toys that cost more than your moms trailer.

Look fuck stick, in your post, you were given solid advice, hell you were given specs to build to by Kranny and you said a whole lotta dumb ass shit. If you act retarded, people are going to assume you are, indeed, retarded. The question at hand here wasn't about his amp, it was about his box. Ya sure power matters, but so does box design. I had no problem running a 1700 watt rms Xcon 18 on 900ish clamped watts, played loud and low just fine ( guarantee it put up better numbers than you ever will, based on your line of thinking.).... This dude's concern is how to get the most outta what he has, so a bigger, properly designed, properly ported box is his answer, not buying a bigger amp. Set up is everything, especially when you are trying to work with what you already have, more power ain't always the answer. I could run your 18 on less power than you and still shit all over your set up.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

specs right off the audioque or soundqubed web site

5.00^ft (3) 10" or (2) 12" or (1) 15" or 18" 80.0 sq" vent x 18" long 6.00^ft (1) 15" or (1) 18" 96.0 sq" vent x 18" long

i would definently go 6 cubes and tune to the lower 30s like between 30-35hz

i built a box for my sdc2.5 15 at 5 cubes like said above they like bigger boxes

Bagged 83 C10

89 K1500 

I believe AQ like higher tuning like above 35hz

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived