Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Have you tried applying for Fed-Ex or UPS, even USPS? I got a job with ease at Fed-Ex back in 2007 right about this time since like stated its almost holiday season and they def need ppl. Just stay away from retail at this time of year, worst shit ever haha. I've been working the same security position the past 4 years now, $12/hr, 40-48hrs a week

I'm sure with your background you could get a nice personal security job even, I've seen quite a few on Craigslist. One job I'm considering looking into that could be turned into a career since I'm 25 now is becoming a limo driver.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

Some places just don't have the budget or the need for so many people. I worked at Randalls grocery for four months in the spring and was only schedule 3 hours a week. It sucked knowing that I'd get called in for 3 hours (sometimes only knowing day or two in advance) then wasting my day to make $22.

Edit: granted i was in highschool and was working "part time" but 3 hours isnt even considered part time

Posted

Have you tried applying for Fed-Ex or UPS, even USPS? I got a job with ease at Fed-Ex back in 2007 right about this time since like stated its almost holiday season and they def need ppl. Just stay away from retail at this time of year, worst shit ever haha. I've been working the same security position the past 4 years now, $12/hr, 40-48hrs a week

I'm sure with your background you could get a nice personal security job even, I've seen quite a few on Craigslist. One job I'm considering looking into that could be turned into a career since I'm 25 now is becoming a limo driver.

Did UPS driver helper last year, the problem is they hire 3 ro 4 temps per route, and rotate them to keep the union happy. So it would be the same situation as now. And that shit about "if you do good we'll keep you on" is complete BS. They didn't keep anybody from the group of hires I was with. Day after Xmas, terminated LOL.

I am looking into a couple federal security companies, the local private companies down here are minimum wage. Im lucky to be in a position where I don't have to take minimum, and can look for the right fit. As far as personal security, never thought about that, thanks.

Some places just don't have the budget or the need for so many people. I worked at Randalls grocery for four months in the spring and was only schedule 3 hours a week. It sucked knowing that I'd get called in for 3 hours (sometimes only knowing day or two in advance) then wasting my day to make $22.

Edit: granted i was in highschool and was working "part time" but 3 hours isnt even considered part time

My store has the budget and needs more people. $200,000 in sales in a day is a slow day, to put it in perspective. We just have a store manager who wants to make herself look good by doing the most with the least, she's really blatant about it, too. I hear from people that have been there a while that the old manager was more into meeting at halfway, making margins without running her crew into the ground. She now has a corporate position, she did something right.

Bottom line is fuck corporate America.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

I worked there. Unloading trucks at night and stocking. I figured their crap about keeping people after was bullshit but they fired all seasonal employees before Christmas the year I was there. Was good money while it lasted but 5 years ago the economy was as big of a shitstorm

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

I'm waiting to see what happens to the federal/government job market once this election is over. Hopefully in January or so, there will be a bunch of GS positions open up. One can only hope.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

When I was at Fed-Ex I worked at either 3-4am and worked about 5-6hrs depending on how many packages because I worked the sorter line. Just pulling them off the rollers and placing them in the area for delivery. Super easy and when it came to the end they did offer me a position, I hated the hours and thought I had something lined up so I denied it, which I shouldn't have.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

I just read today that because of the new health care plan more places are hiring more but not to give jobs but to cut hours of current employees so they aren't required to offer medical insurance.

That sucks but maybe a couple part time jobs? I been thinking about it.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide


Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Posted

Have you looked into a loan officer at the bank?

There are no jobs in SoCal other than fast food and seasonal. And my County has the worst unemployment rate. Maybe Obama can actually create some REAL jobs this time.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9019 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...